"Chuba the Great" . . .

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 8, 2015
Ponca City
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Stick in the mud, but cannot get excited by the recent attempt to give the guy this nickname. While being urban legends (Which Hubbard is definitely not), a chupacabra is nothing to revere, it is just a livestock-killing blood sucking creature. A simple play on words is overwhelmed by it being defined as a vile monster with no redeeming value. Is this really the image wanting to be conveyed? As with my position on all nicknames and my lack of understanding why it is so important to give everything a nickname....please feel free to thumb me down.
Lighten up, Frances.

Aug 16, 2012
....and people called Bruce Lee, "The Dragon". What were they thinking!?
Dude, he was born in the Year of the Dragon and his Chinese screen name was Lee Siu-lung, Siu-lung meaning "little dragon". Think that had ANYTHING to do with it???

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Dude, he was born in the Year of the Dragon and his Chinese screen name was Lee Siu-lung, Siu-lung meaning "little dragon". Think that had ANYTHING to do with it???
I'm sure it did. My comment was a sarcastic attempt at drawing a parallel between that and Chuba's Chupacabra moniker. Both mythic creatures fabled for killing livestock. I don't have a problem with either.