Chuba snub

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So our buddies at ESPN are doing their weekly running Heisman Watch.
After week 1 they have 3 RBs in their Top 10-
Etienne of Clemson, 205 yrds on 12 carries and 3 TD. No problems with this ranking
Taylor of Wisconsin, 135 yrds on 16 carries and 4 TD. Basically ranking him on last years performance, not this year.
Swift of Georgia, 149 yrds on 16 carries and 0 TD. WTF ???

Chuba's 221 on 26 carries and 3 TD should have landed him as one of the top 3 RBs in the Heisman race so far.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
At least Taylor had a a lot of receiving yards as well, no problem with him on the list. But Chuba should've been there over Swift. It must be part of ESPN's tv deal with the sec, they always have to be included in discussions like this.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
So our buddies at ESPN are doing their weekly running Heisman Watch.
After week 1 they have 3 RBs in their Top 10-
Etienne of Clemson, 205 yrds on 12 carries and 3 TD. No problems with this ranking
Taylor of Wisconsin, 135 yrds on 16 carries and 4 TD. Basically ranking him on last years performance, not this year.
Swift of Georgia, 149 yrds on 16 carries and 0 TD. WTF ???

Chuba's 221 on 26 carries and 3 TD should have landed him as one of the top 3 RBs in the Heisman race so far.
Not so fast, my friend.
ESPN (especially Herbstreit) has their eye on Chuba. He was mentioned in Herbie's pre-season showcase of players.
The whole nation of people in the know know about Chuba and they're watching him. One game against a bad team does not give him position into the top three of guys that have already made a name for themselves.

We're all confident that Chuba will be mentioned as one of the top backs (if not THE top back) in the nation at the end of the season.

Relax. It's going to happen. And I expect Chuba to have over 200 yards by halftime in this week's game.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
In 1988, all Keith Jackson could talk about was would it be Troy Aikman or Rodney Peete that would win the Heisman. Actually harumpfed at the thought of Barry Sanders even being considered.
Keith was saying he was doing it against weak Big 8 defenses. Barry did something almost unprecedented at the time and went pro after his Jr year. I remember wanting to ask Keith Jackson if these were weak NFL defenses he was shredding in what would have been his senior year.

Somehow SI managed to make it an entire season without putting Barry on the cover in one of the most ridiculous seasons ever for anyone.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Keith was saying he was doing it against weak Big 8 defenses. Barry did something almost unprecedented at the time and went pro after his Jr year. I remember wanting to ask Keith Jackson if these were weak NFL defenses he was shredding in what would have been his senior year.

Somehow SI managed to make it an entire season without putting Barry on the cover in one of the most ridiculous seasons ever for anyone.
Yeah, that Bosworth guy sucked in college. Oh wait...he made the cover of SI didn't he?

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Chuba and our O-Line will take the decision out of their hands much like Barry did. If Gundy doesn’t pull him too soon he’ll have at least one and possibly more than one 300+ yard game. The way he breaks free and gets huge chunk plays are the same way Barry piled up huge numbers.

DemBoys

Wrangler
Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa

What? Both OU and NU were well known for their stout defenses at that time and on top of that we played the mighty TA&M and ran wild on them too.

Aug 16, 2012
Yeah, that Bosworth guy sucked in college. Oh wait...he made the cover of SI didn't he?
There is some dork in a CTS up here in the north Dallas suburbs that has an OU plate with BOZ 44. Never been one for vanity plates, but that one pushes absurdity to a new level.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Not so fast, my friend.
ESPN (especially Herbstreit) has their eye on Chuba. He was mentioned in Herbie's pre-season showcase of players.
The whole nation of people in the know know about Chuba and they're watching him. One game against a bad team does not give him position into the top three of guys that have already made a name for themselves.

We're all confident that Chuba will be mentioned as one of the top backs (if not THE top back) in the nation at the end of the season.

Relax. It's going to happen. And I expect Chuba to have over 200 yards by halftime in this week's game.
What you say is true, but I never said Chuba wasn't getting any pre-season hype.

I said after one week of data, Swift does not belong in the group of top 3 RBs. Chuba does. Disagree with that ?