Chuba on First Take

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
oh it will come up. Just to be clear who are you waiting to address the williams situation? OSU or gundy? Williams did a print article and talked about it on his radio show.
I listen to Williams most afternoons, so I heard him talking about it as I left town & thought "well, this doesn't help things.' Honestly thought there was a 50/50 chance Gundy was gone by the time I got back. At the very least, I thought either Gundy or the University would respond to it. I guess the strategy for now is 'I/we are not going to address allegations from 31 years ago'?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Shaun King: Statues of Jesus Christ are 'form of white supremacy,' should be torn down

https://www.foxnews.com/media/shaun-king-jesus-christ-statues-white-supremacy

These people are crazy...
The problem with tearing down statues is...where does it end? This is the very thing that Muslim extremist have done in various locations when they take control...they remove the old religious symbols in order to forward only one STATE SPOSERED narrative. In America we are supposed to have the freedom of dissent and all beliefs are suppose to be tolerated. I have no issue with teaching history in a more detailed way in order to not white wash past sins...but America isn't all bad and the Civil War is actually a good example of the fact that we rose up to remove a cancer from our land and paid for it with over half a million young men's lives. Do we have warts? Sure, but overall America and Americans have stood for the rights and freedoms of ALL men and women for LONG periods of time and always fought for those rights and freedoms. If this is an extension of that, we on the right, should embrace it...but when it becomes a self righteous backward direction caliphate, we need to oppose it.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I listen to Williams most afternoons, so I heard him talking about it as I left town & thought "well, this doesn't help things.' Honestly thought there was a 50/50 chance Gundy was gone by the time I got back. At the very least, I thought either Gundy or the University would respond to it. I guess the strategy for now is 'I/we are not going to address allegations from 31 years ago'?
Well, he did address it 31 years ago...AND it was 31 years ago. Did Al Williams ask for forgiveness for what he said on the field that day? I'm pretty damn sure this went both ways weather Gundy said the N word or not is academic...IF someone REALLY wants someone to ask for forgiveness it generally has to be both ways for it to be real forgiveness OR for it too even be considered. Seems Williams wants to be seen as a no fault angel in the deal.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Well, he did address it 31 years ago...AND it was 31 years ago. Did the Al Williams ask forgiveness for what he said on the field that day? I'm pretty damn sure this went both ways weather Gundy said the N word or not is just academic...IF someone REALLY wants someone to ask for forgiveness it generally has to be both ways for it to be real forgiveness.
You understand that multiple Colorado players said Gundy called them that, right? And that his star player just blasted him publicly?

If you never called someone that, 31 years ago, & were facing a mutiny from your team, you wouldn't come out & deny it?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You understand that multiple Colorado players said Gundy called them that, right? And that his star player just blasted him publicly?

If you never called someone that, 31 years ago, & were facing a mutiny from your team, you wouldn't come out & deny it?
you do understand that these things go both ways...right? What IF the Colorado player kicked him in the stomach and called Gundy's mother a White Whore? What if he said "I just f*ked you up, like I did yo Momma last night?" I understand that wouldn't excuse calling them an N but I bet if we got to the bottom of this it would be something like that...Jones needs to come clean on what exactly happened and so does Mike, but I would also EXPECT the Colorado players to be honest as well. Healing cannot happen without mutual honesty. I can't and won't believe that Gundy just called someone that without any rhyme or reason IF he did, which he denied...btw, he did deal with this years ago...maybe you are too young to remember.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
you do understand that these things go both ways...right? What IF the Colorado player called Gundy's mother a White Whore? What if he said "I just f*ked you up, like I did yo Momma last night?" I understand that wouldn't excuse calling them an N but I bet if we got to the bottom of this it would be something like that...Jones needs to come clean on what exactly happened and so does Mike, but I would also EXPECT the Colorado players to be honest as well. Healing cannot happen without mutual honesty. I can't and won't believe that Gundy just called someone that without any rhyme or reason IF he did, which he denied...btw, he did deal with this years ago...maybe you are too young to remember.
Where did he deny it? I've asked that multiple times, searched for it, & have not found it.

You're right, your scenario certainly could have happened. Where's Gundy with that side of the story then?

The rhyme or reason is pretty simple: you're getting your a$$ kicked & are frustrated.

I listen to Williams pretty much daily, and am old enough to remember those days, but I'd forgotten this accusation that happened immediately after that game.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Where did he deny it? I've asked that multiple times, searched for it, & have not found it.

You're right, your scenario certainly could have happened. Where's Gundy with that side of the story then?

The rhyme or reason is pretty simple: you're getting your a$$ kicked & are frustrated.

I listen to Williams pretty much daily, and am old enough to remember those days, but I'd forgotten this accusation that happened immediately after that game.
He denied it over and over again in multiple stories back when the allegations happened...You seriously don't know this and claim to be an Oklahoma State fan?

Why is it a white man gets crucified for the 31 year old use of this slang, assuming it happened, when others do not...Now, even 31 years after he has denied it, he's guilty to half of our society because he's a white male who politically leans right of the spectrum...However, someone can say and do things that actually damage someone physically and get by with that...especially, IF, they were called a name that only negates the argument of the user of the word? What if he called him a "fag*ot?" what if he called him a "gangster" or a "thug?" Is big Al Williams without sin? Why is he casting stones at Gundy? When do those words ALSO become unforgivable felonies AND if this one is why aren't they? Not excusing it, IF it happened, just a questions to ponder for those who claim to be forgiving.

Honestly, what happened to the old line my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents taught me as a device to help me overcome stupid words? "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me?" Why do we SELECTIVELY demand a pound of flesh from one wrong when we don't for many others? Our skin is so thin...I fear for our children growing up in this formerly civil society.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
From the Tulsa World in 1989:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/archive/...cle_9e64e78f-840f-5346-a4f3-42e939ca0fa5.html
Gundy adamantly denied making any racist remarks as the Cowboys dropped to 4-6, clinching their first losing season since 1982. "I didn't say anything like that," said the Big Eight Conference's all-time total offense leader. "I've been here four years and half my friends are black. I would never say that."

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
He denied it over and over again in multiple stories back when it happened...You seriously don't know this and claim to be an Oklahoma State fan?
You're the kool-aid king here, I could give a crap about you playing the 'gasp! you claim to be an OSU fan???' card. Weakest sauce you can ladle out there man.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/archive/...cle_9e64e78f-840f-5346-a4f3-42e939ca0fa5.html
Gundy adamantly denied making any racist remarks as the Cowboys dropped to 4-6, clinching their first losing season since 1982. "I didn't say anything like that," said the Big Eight Conference's all-time total offense leader. "I've been here four years and half my friends are black. I would never say that."
Thanks for posting. I read the old stories, but figured there'd be a recent response, given the events of last week.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

I also read an article from ‘89 where it’s framed as the CU defense told the offense that Gundy was using the n-word left and right because the CU offense was sputtering and they trailed OSU 10-0 at the time. The article made it sound like the entire lead up to the game was all about Gundy for CU and that the slur stuff was fabricated for in-game motivation.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You're the kool-aid king here, I could give a crap about you playing the 'gasp! you claim to be an OSU fan???' card. Weakest sauce you can ladle out there man.

Thanks for posting. I read the old stories, but figured there'd be a recent response, given the events of last week.
You aren't a fan if you don't know both sides of this and the details...so that's why I said that...AND worse yet, you do know those details but have an agenda based on your freaking screen name...Get a life and learn how to forgive and NOT selectively...based ONLY on politics. I don't blame Chuba and I don't blame Gundy...REAL good can come out of this IF people learn to live with each other better and to understand that we don't all agree but can make a better world despite our disagreements...You have an agenda that is adverse to Oklahoma State Football...You don't know it, but you do. We fire the best coach we every had over 31 year old dealt with allegations and we will LOSE half our fan base...Maybe me included...I lived through what the Sutton thing did to our school and was on other side of it...Wanted him gone because he got a DUI and could have killed someone, not just some stupid political disagreement or an inspection of all past words he said or might have said...I got what I wanted and now we have zero fans in GIA...Unity is the right way here, forgiveness is the right way here...the team, is working on that, why not let them work this out organically? I've lived and learned from my Stance against Eddie at the time because of hind site...YOU will also learn if you get your way here.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You aren't a fan if you don't know both sides of this and the details...so that's why I said that...AND worse yet, you do know those details but have an agenda based on your freaking screen name...Get a life and learn how to forgiven and NOT selectively...based ONLY on politics. I don't blame Chuba and I don't blame Gundy...REAL good can come out of this IF people learn to live with each other better and to understand that we don't all agree but can make a better world despite our disagreements...You have an agenda that is adverse to Oklahoma State Football...You don't know it, but you do. We fire the best coach we every had over 31 year old dealt with allegations and we will LOSE half our fan base...I lived through what the Sutton thing did to our school and was on other side of it...Wanted him gone because he got a DUI and could have killed someone, not just some stupid political disagreement or an inspection of all past words he said or might have said...I got what I wanted and now we have zero fans in GIA...Unity is the right way here, forgiveness is the right way here...the team, is working on that, why not let them work this out organically?
If you can't handle discussion of it, you should probably show yourself out.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If you can't handle discussion of it, you should probably show yourself out.
I am discussing it..."gundysburner," Why don't you honeslty tell us your political leanings...and why your screenname is "gundsburner" in the first place? Do you have hate in your heart for our coach? I have no issue with discussing this issue...I have an issue with you not knowing anything about it from 1989 and am questioning your politics and screename...Your first post on this board was in 2018...Don't know much about you.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I am discussing it..."gundysburner," Why don't you honeslty tell us your political leanings...and why your screenname is "gundsburner" in the first place? Do you have hate in your heart for our coach? I have no issue with discussing this issue...I have an issue with you not knowing anything about it from 1989 and am questioning your politics and screename...Your first post on this board was in 2018...Don't know much about you.
If you read more, & posted less, you'd get people's points more frequently.

I don't need to pass the fanboy test for the biggest homer & kool-aid drinker on this board, thanks.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If you read more, & posted less, you'd get people's points more frequently.

I don't need to pass the fanboy test for the biggest homer & kool-aid drinker on this board, thanks.
Btw, being a huge fan of Oklahoma State and a homer is a big complement, and it means I'm doing my job as a fan of Oklahoma State University and it's sports teams! Thank you!

All I get from your post, however, is that you don't want to straight up answer questions about why your screenname is what it is and why you won't admit to your political leanings in this post...

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
you do understand that these things go both ways...right? What IF the Colorado player called Gundy's mother a White Whore? What if he said "I just f*ked you up, like I did yo Momma last night?" I understand that wouldn't excuse calling them an N but I bet if we got to the bottom of this it would be something like that...Jones needs to come clean on what exactly happened and so does Mike, but I would also EXPECT the Colorado players to be honest as well. Healing cannot happen without mutual honesty. I can't and won't believe that Gundy just called someone that without any rhyme or reason IF he did, which he denied...btw, he did deal with this years ago...maybe you are too young to remember.

And was denied by Gundy and his teammates (including black players) right after that. 31 years ago.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 22, 2011
100% behind gundy on this one, chuba is getting bit by stepping into a situation he does not have the tools to navigate. Twitter is not real life and when you mix the two bad things happen.