Chuba on First Take

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
He’s free to do as he wants, but it seems odd to punish your school, fans, teammates and coaches over something that is not in their control.
Can you imagine the Ole' Miss fans? I'm pretty sure they aren't in the mood to be told what to do by a Miss State player.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Doesn’t look like that to me. It’s all in one sentence.
Lifting directly from the article:
“If you want good news, there is some. An OSU source said that the school’s investigation of player unrest so far has uncovered little to no racial turbulence, at least not until Gundy double-downed on endorsing President Trump, and that jives with what former players have said about Gundy.”

That simply points out the timing of racial turbulence. What’s he referencing as Gundy doubling down on endorsing Trump?

Nov 14, 2010
Chuba made things look ike Gundy made a stupid "tone deaf" mistake with his tweet

It was all good to that point

But his First Take appearance then made it look like a more far reaching systemic issue within the program and not just a single isolated incident/mistake by Gundy.

Now....
Since he ramped it up to systemic levels, he has to be able to back that up.

So...nothing concrete, like Gottliebs list, will look relevant enough to take the issue to a systemic level and throw your coach under the bus like the has.

As a result, we get vagueness and guess work.

Last edited:
May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Lifting directly from the article:
“If you want good news, there is some. An OSU source said that the school’s investigation of player unrest so far has uncovered little to no racial turbulence, at least not until Gundy double-downed on endorsing President Trump, and that jives with what former players have said about Gundy.”

That simply points out the timing of racial turbulence. What’s he referencing as Gundy doubling down on endorsing Trump?
I don’t know. Tramel is a terrible writer so either of us could be right.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Chuba made things look ike Gundy made a stupid "tone deaf" mistake with his tweet

But his First Take appearance then made it look like a more far reaching systemic issue within the program and not just a single isolated incident/mistake by Gundy.

Now....

So...nothing concrete, like Gottliebs list, will look relevant enough to take the issue to a systemic level and throw your coach under the bus like the has.

Chuba did a lot of damage to Gundy and the OSU brand with his ignorant, half-cocked tweet. I really thought he was better than that. Very disappointing.

Aug 26, 2004
Chuba did a lot of damage to Gundy and the OSU brand with his ignorant, half-cocked tweet. I really thought he was better than that. Very disappointing.
He probably hurt is Stiff Arm Trophy chances. And you know what, I don't really care. Unfortunately this event will be discussed during every OSU television broadcast games.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
He probably hurt is Stiff Arm Trophy chances. And you know what, I don't really care. Unfortunately this event will be discussed during every OSU television broadcast games.
Oh, I can't wait. Say, did you know that Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley were roommates? This will will make that pale in comparison. Thanks again, Chuba.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Oh, I can't wait. Say, did you know that Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley were roommates? This will will make that pale in comparison. Thanks again, Chuba.
Doubtful he cares. He is now a hero to ESPN and the media. He risked very little personally as he’s a hero in his social justice warrior Twitter bubble. NFL loves the social awareness issues now anyway. The losers are Gundy and OSU’s reputations and the future recruiting disasters to come. Another set of losers are the loyal OSU alumni and fans who spend their precious time and money on the program. They have to decide whether their investment is worth it going forward.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Doubtful he cares. He is now a hero to ESPN and the media. He risked very little personally as he’s a hero in his social justice warrior Twitter bubble. NFL loves the social awareness issues now anyway. The losers are Gundy and OSU’s reputations and the future recruiting disasters to come. Another set of losers are the loyal OSU alumni and fans who spend their precious time and money on the program. They have to decide whether their investment is worth it going forward.
Agreed. He took a dump on the whole program and the fans.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
First, I want to say that I'm not trying to speak for or against either Gundy or Chubba with my following comment. I'm just trying to understand.

Can someone please tell me what it is that Chubba and a few of the other football players are fighting against/for? Other than Gundy supporting OAN I can't find anything concrete. It feels like this has been a very vocal conflict without any mention about what the problem is that is causing the conflict. I don't keep up with this stuff too closely so I could be wrong. If so, can someone please link something explaining it?
Not sure how accurate, but Robert Allen said this morning is that it seems more a problem with relationships, than racism.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dec 15, 2008
https://justthenews.com/government/local/102-shot-chicago-over-fathers-day-weekend

102 shot in Chicago over Father's Day weekend
14 recorded fatalities......

Looks like OAN is spot on the BLM’s defund the police request and other ridiculous requests!!
Take a look at the Black Lives Matter Organization's website. Too bad a lot of these people defending Black Lives Matter has not spent the time perusing the website (and their "useful" attachments.) BLM Organization

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
The funniest/saddest part of that is that Shaun King is white.
Correct, a male Rachel Dolezal.

Now....

So, I go camping last Wednesday when the Alfred Williams accusation was blowing up. Remained offline the whole time & just got back yesterday & expected to see more clarification/specifics on the entire situation. With the Williams' accusation & what preceded it, I thought there was a 50/50 chance Gundy would be coach when I got home.

Am I right, or is there basically nothing new & no clarification of the vaguery surrounding this whole situation?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Correct, a male Rachel Dolezal.

So, I go camping last Wednesday when the Alfred Williams accusation was blowing up. Remained offline the whole time & just got back yesterday & expected to see more clarification/specifics on the entire situation. With the Williams' accusation & what preceded it, I thought there was a 50/50 chance Gundy would be coach when I got home.

Am I right, or is there basically nothing new & no clarification of the vaguery surrounding this whole situation?
no one knows anything but the people who were at the game and were directly involved. Nobody has spoke on it including Gundy. I hope he addresses it soon!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
no one knows anything but the people who were at the game and were directly involved. Nobody has spoke on it including Gundy.
Thanks, I"ve tried to read up on it & watch stuff since I got back & thought surely I'm missing something.

One of the strangest highly public, racially-tinged, vaguely identified events I can ever recall.

I haven't seen it anywhere, but has Gundy responded to Williams' allegations at all?

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Thanks, I"ve tried to read up on it & watch stuff since I got back & thought surely I'm missing something.

One of the strangest highly public, racially-tinged, vaguely identified events I can ever recall.

I haven't seen it anywhere, but has Gundy responded to Williams' allegations at all?
i know if I’m mike gundy and an incident happened that was discussed on FS1 and was that out in the open, I would get in front of it as soon as possible. Set the record straight gundy you are damn sure going to hear about it on the recruiting trail. When is gundy scheduled to speak again? A statement would suffice in the interim.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
i know if I’m mike gundy and an incident happened that was discussed on FS1 and was that out in the open, I would get in front of it as soon as possible. Set the record straight gundy you are damn sure going to hear about it on the recruiting trail. When is gundy scheduled to speak again? A statement would suffice in the interim.
Big 12 media days will be coming up in July. I will be amazed if this is not all revisited.