Chuba on First Take

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
So here's a crazy thing. I looked up that media bias chart to see if OAN was on it and where it would land. It sits somewhere just above Fox News in terms of reliability / bias, and appears to be the opposite of MSNBC according to this source. Obviously this chart isn't the only measure of this information, but it's a reference point for all of us from an "unbiased" source, just so we all know how "insane" Gundy was being to wear that shirt.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/download-the-media-bias-chart/

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
So here's a crazy thing. I looked up that media bias chart to see if OAN was on it and where it would land. It sits somewhere just above Fox News in terms of reliability / bias, and appears to be the opposite of MSNBC according to this source. Obviously this chart isn't the only measure of this information, but it's a reference point for all of us from an "unbiased" source, just so we all know how "insane" Gundy was being to wear that shirt.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/download-the-media-bias-chart/
I think OAN has taken the place of the “old” FNC (I.e. the O’Reilly / Glenn Beck years) before FNC moved a little more towards the center. I would say OAN and MSNBC balance each other out and then FNC and CNN balance each other out.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I think OAN has taken the place of the “old” FNC (I.e. the O’Reilly / Glenn Beck years) before FNC moved a little more towards the center. I would say OAN and MSNBC balance each other out and then FNC and CNN balance each other out.
Have you watched OAN? Maybe you have, but it reminds me of Pat Robertson’s CBN (Christian Broadcasting News), with much lower production quality and more bias. I used to watch the old FNC. In my opinion, this doesn’t compare. Like I’ve said before, their credibility is just this side on InfoWars with me. But to each his own, I guess.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Have you watched OAN? Maybe you have, but it reminds me of Pat Robertson’s CBN (Christian Broadcasting News), with much lower production quality and more bias. I used to watch the old FNC. In my opinion, this doesn’t compare. Like I’ve said before, their credibility is just this side on InfoWars with me. But to each his own, I guess.
I haven’t watched OAN recently because my new cable provider doesn’t have it. But when I had ATT I think it was, I would mix in OAN with watching CNN, MSNBC, and FNC. I agree on the production value. Obviously the other 3 have much more money behind them. I really give no more or less credibility to any of the four. They are purely providing entertainment value and absolutely zero unbiased informative news. I honestly don’t know why anyone would place any news credibility in any of them. But like you said, to each their own.

Apr 14, 2009
Well coach Gundy talked the talk!
So now he needs to walk the walk!

Like he kinda brought this on his own self.
Maybe he will figure out he is not the smartest guy in the room.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Well coach Gundy talked the talk!
So now he needs to walk the walk!

Like he kinda brought this on his own self.
Maybe he will figure out he is not the smartest guy in the room.
I found it hilarious that he said twitter was for unemployed people but he rushed to put a twitter apology out. Should have called a virtual press conference.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
First, I want to say that I'm not trying to speak for or against either Gundy or Chubba with my following comment. I'm just trying to understand.

Can someone please tell me what it is that Chubba and a few of the other football players are fighting against/for? Other than Gundy supporting OAN I can't find anything concrete. It feels like this has been a very vocal conflict without any mention about what the problem is that is causing the conflict. I don't keep up with this stuff too closely so I could be wrong. If so, can someone please link something explaining it?

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
First, I want to say that I'm not trying to speak for or against either Gundy or Chubba with my following comment. I'm just trying to understand.

Can someone please tell me what it is that Chubba and a few of the other football players are fighting against/for? Other than Gundy supporting OAN I can't find anything concrete. It feels like this has been a very vocal conflict without any mention about what the problem is that is causing the conflict. I don't keep up with this stuff too closely so I could be wrong. If so, can someone please link something explaining it?
You’re correct, in that most of this has been implied, not explicitly stated. The implication is Gundy, or the staff, have said or acted in ways that showed an insensitivity toward BLM. This may have been indirect through parroting statements from alt-right news sources like OAN and/or showing support for those news sources. The t-shirt may have simply been the last straw.

But this is all conjecture. The only thing we have seen is a list Doug Gottlieb put out that had fairly superficial requests regarding dress code and music.

Additionally, we don’t really know the reason for this lack of clarity. Some think Doug’s list was fairly accurate, but players don’t want to admit it was that shallow. Others (me included) think they’re trying to work out the details privately and let this fade from the media spotlight. Then we’ll hear the details after it is resolved.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

The post below mentions Berry Tramel’s article from yesterday where a source at OSU told Tramel that the internal investigation hasn’t uncovered any issues of racial injustice within the football program. Essentially players don’t like that Gundy is apparently a Trump guy and the OAN shirt was the proverbial last straw. Obviously this is from a “source” so take it with a grain of salt.

https://orangepower.com/threads/mik...ead-this-football-program.268982/post-4085279

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
The post below mentions Berry Tramel’s article from yesterday where a source at OSU told Tramel that the internal investigation hasn’t uncovered any issues of racial injustice within the football program. Essentially players don’t like that Gundy is apparently a Trump guy and the OAN shirt was the proverbial last straw. Obviously this is from a “source” so take it with a grain of salt.

https://orangepower.com/threads/mik...ead-this-football-program.268982/post-4085279
This.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
At least Hill knows what change he wants-

“Mississippi State running back Kylin Hill said on social media Monday he would not play for the Bulldogs this upcoming season unless the state flag is changed.”

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
At least Hill knows what change he wants-

“Mississippi State running back Kylin Hill said on social media Monday he would not play for the Bulldogs this upcoming season unless the state flag is changed.”
This should be interesting. It's a little tougher to motivate a state legislature than it is 1 coach.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW

I read the article. Sounds like the “source” was only referenced concerning the investigation. The other conclusions about the players’ reasons look like they are hunches from Trammel.