Chu Ba !!! ??

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Let me ask which would you choose, going to a league with a short shelf live for your position where you may be the fifth RB this year, or buy your time with hopes of being invited to NY next year. Can you imagine what Chuba could do with a Heisman trophy in the CFL?

For anyone with their nose in the air believing playing in the NFL holds more prestige, do you think the average NFL RB cares what league it is, if he gets more money?

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Let me ask which would you choose, going to a league with a short shelf live for your position where you may be the fifth RB this year, or buy your time with hopes of being invited to NY next year. Can you imagine what Chuba could do with a Heisman trophy in the CFL?

For anyone with their nose in the air believing playing in the NFL holds more prestige, do you think the average NFL RB cares what league it is, if he gets more money?
CFL highest paid player is $500k. NFL minimum is $480k. CFL can not compete with NFL for players with money. Also, yes it matters to players to play in NFL as opposed to CFL even if they could leverage it for more money.

Mar 11, 2006
Absolutely the average NFL RB cares. The NFL is a vastly better league with better player and better money than the CFL. It would be like saying should a basketball player care whether he plays in the NBA or in China.

Aug 16, 2012

Top CFL player salary (Mike Reilly, QB) = $725k (actually saw one source say it was Jamaal Westerman at $109k but there seems to have been some recent changes to salary caps).

Top NFL player salary (Russell Wilson, QB) = $35M + $65M signing bonus

Top NFL RB salary (Ezekiel Elliot) = $15M which does not even make the top 50 in the league. In fact, RB is the last position player (not counting kickers) to make the list. DEs, LBs, OLs, etc. were all represented in the top 50 before a RB.

CFL per-team salary cap = $5.7M

Average NFL salary - $2.7M

Average CFL salary = $96.8K

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City

Umm what are you talking about. It's way more money.. Just stop. He's going to play in the NFL and be a superstar either this coming year or in 2021. I hope it's 2021.