Chu Ba !!! ??

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Swift of GA just declared, rated #1 RB pick

As related to Chuba stats past 3 years:
Swift 619 yds, 1050 yd, 1,200 yd
Chuba 0 yds, 740 yds, 2,100 yd

Which is why he needs one more year and it doesn’t need to be a 2,000 yds to move up (of course would help), but just showing another year of growth and improving

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If he decides to go...best of luck to him and his family. If he decides to stay, hopefully our marketing department can have some forethought and assist with his announcement on Monday the 13th to coincide with the national championship game. I can’t think of a better time with a HUGE audience to have the ”ticker” run his name and OSU over and over and over. Big boost for OSU and Chuba going into next year. That’s just being smart and can do nothing help the brand for both OSU and Chuba.
I say send this suggestion to the athletic department.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
Swift of GA just declared, rated #1 RB pick

As related to Chuba stats past 3 years:
Swift 619 yds, 1050 yd, 1,200 yd
Chuba 0 yds, 740 yds, 2,100 yd

Which is why he needs one more year and it doesn’t need to be a 2,000 yds to move up (of course would help), but just showing another year of growth and improving
I just don’t get this line of thinking that he needs another year to show growth. You don’t accidentally have a 2000 Yd season. Let’s say he returns and he and Wallace both have 1500yd seasons, did he regress? Or were his carries down due to Wallace contributing more?

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Not sure what’s so hard to understand about thinking a RB (especially one that played in inferior Canada HS) May need 3 solid years of production to show he’s NFL ready.

I already said it doesn’t need to be a monster season, I think 1,200 yds would do it.

Aug 16, 2012
I just don’t get this line of thinking that he needs another year to show growth. You don’t accidentally have a 2000 Yd season. Let’s say he returns and he and Wallace both have 1500yd seasons, did he regress? Or were his carries down due to Wallace contributing more?
Just me, but I think too much emphasis is being put on total yards. NFL execs and scouts see so much more than total yards. If TY was a huge factor, Jarwin would not be in the NFL. His only tangible stats as a TE are pass/catch related and there were over 40 other TEs with better passing stats. They see so much more than you or I will ever see. A drop in yardage is not going to kill him unless he ends up with a HUGE drop, like under 1000. Improving the other aspects of.his game will more than offset a nominal drop in yards

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Just me, but I think too much emphasis is being put on total yards. NFL execs and scouts see so much more than total yards. If TY was a huge factor, Jarwin would not be in the NFL. His only tangible stats as a TE are pass/catch related and there were over 40 other TEs with better passing stats. They see so much more than you or I will ever see. A drop in yardage is not going to kill him unless he ends up with a HUGE drop, like under 1000. Improving the other aspects of.his game will more than offset a nominal drop in yards
Agree with that. And my opinion is 19 games isn’t enough to give Execs the ability to say “let’s spend a 4th round pick on Chuba” right now.
Another solid year of 12 games and he could gain their confidence into a 1 st or 2nd round

Oct 29, 2016
US
In the NFL, RB's are a dime-a-dozen. They also have the shortest employment rate, roughly 1.5-years. Since the class is stacked at the RB position I have a feeling Chuba may return. Regarding Monken, I hope Dunn gets the job instead of Todd. Dunn has paid his dues and it's time for Gundy to promote him. If not, I question Gundy's motive.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2008
Could Monken/Dunn be on a 3yr timeline?

Gundy retires.

Monken takes over head coaching in 3 yrs.

Monken/Dunn co-OC these next 3yrs getting Dunn experience to take the reigns as a $1M well deserved OC promotion? If he’s unhappy 2yrs after that or wants a $3M HC gig it’s give him the option

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You people arguing that Chuba needs another year to develop are ridiculous. The pounding he will take from another season FAR exceeds the benefits of "growing" into the position. The only rational argument is that this does appear to be a relatively deep RB class, so if that rookie contract is a big enough deal, then another year may help if next year's class is thinner.

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
You people arguing that Chuba needs another year to develop are ridiculous. The pounding he will take from another season FAR exceeds the benefits of "growing" into the position. The only rational argument is that this does appear to be a relatively deep RB class, so if that rookie contract is a big enough deal, then another year may help if next year's class is thinner.
So if Chuba chooses to return, are you going to accuse him of acting irrationally?

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
I’m laughing that people honestly believe NFL draft experts consider stats like total yards when drafting a kid. Great numbers only get you looked at, not drafted. Chuba plays running back, NFL teams rarely draft running backs high anymore, the stats have shown you can find great value on running backs in the later rounds. Fifteen or twenty years ago, Chuba might of been a first round draft pick but the games changed a lot. Playing in only 19 games is NOT a bad thing. He has less wear and tear. If I’m an NFL team I’m not drafting a speed guy with lots of carries. It be like buying a new Ferrari but with lots of miles.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I’m laughing that people honestly believe NFL draft experts consider stats like total yards when drafting a kid. Great numbers only get you looked at, not drafted. Chuba plays running back, NFL teams rarely draft running backs high anymore, the stats have shown you can find great value on running backs in the later rounds. Fifteen or twenty years ago, Chuba might of been a first round draft pick but the games changed a lot. Playing in only 19 games is NOT a bad thing. He has less wear and tear. If I’m an NFL team I’m not drafting a speed guy with lots of carries. It be like buying a new Ferrari but with lots of miles.
So you’d had advised Chuba to sit on the bench after his 260 yd Oregon State game , since stats and experience don’t matter but only mileage .....