Chu Ba !!! ??

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
The “just thanking Chuba” doesn’t fly with some of the tweets that include things like “2020 in 2020?”
The only one I saw that did that was Gleeson and it included a '?' at the end. Also, he is on his way out so not sure how much he is involved right now. Just getting on board with his former team.

Mar 21, 2005
Dallas
All depends on his draft projection. He’s rated as 6th or 7th top back by some, putting him in the 2nd-4th round. If he stays and has another great year, he’d be a top 5 pick. So lots of upside to stay another year, but then again that comes with risk. So only Chuba knows for sure

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Take it for what it's worth.......... hopefully they are just screwing w/ people. the Monken tweet makes me think they are just messing w/ the fans......

So it wasn't in direct response to this tweet from BPS, but Amen posted this:

https://twitter.com/closedprayer/status/1213191824816275456

Also I found this:

https://twitter.com/TheGreat_Nate/status/1213218183202643969

Basically, I think everything is still up in the air right now. Who knows what is going on. OSU does a pretty good job of keeping things quiet overall.

...or Chuba might not even know what he is doing.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
The only one I saw that did that was Gleeson and it included a '?' at the end. Also, he is on his way out so not sure how much he is involved right now. Just getting on board with his former team.
Larry Reece also said 2000 more in 2020” so definitely not a “thank you” and more in the “come back” or “he’s back” camp

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
1. Chuba is coming back and these are all confirmations: GREAT deal
2. Chuba is undecided and these are pleas for his return: Good deal
3. Chuba is not coming back and these pleas are alot of peer pressure on a young man that we all wish well: Bad deal
Or they support Chuba no matter what his decision is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dec 20, 2010
South Tulsa
I'm wondering if Chuba is waiting to see how many of the underclassmen rated higher than him in the draft actually pull the trigger to enter the draft. If they all declare, he might come back. If very few do, he moves up the pecking order and his prospects look considerably better. Jonathan Taylor's announcement he's entering the draft on Friday is one of those dominoes falling in favor of Chuba staying. Cam Akers has also declared.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
All depends on his draft projection. He’s rated as 6th or 7th top back by some, putting him in the 2nd-4th round. If he stays and has another great year, he’d be a top 5 pick. So lots of upside to stay another year, but then again that comes with risk. So only Chuba knows for sure
Why would his draft stock go up after another year? He’s not likely to repeat another 2K yard season. Don’t see how that helps.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Why would his draft stock go up after another year? He’s not likely to repeat another 2K yard season. Don’t see how that helps.
By moving up in the RB rankings, he could move up in the draft. Don’t you think a top 3 running back will go higher than a top 6 or 7 running back? This year is heavier with running backs. Next year apparently won’t have as many.

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
By moving up in the RB rankings, he could move up in the draft. Don’t you think a top 3 running back will go higher than a top 6 or 7 running back? This year is heavier with running backs. Next year apparently won’t have as many.
I think that is the best argument for staying another year. Deep class of RBs this year. That and the momentum we appear to be building toward next year. If Monken comes back also... expectations will be through the roof!

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
If he decides to go...best of luck to him and his family. If he decides to stay, hopefully our marketing department can have some forethought and assist with his announcement on Monday the 13th to coincide with the national championship game. I can’t think of a better time with a HUGE audience to have the ”ticker” run his name and OSU over and over and over. Big boost for OSU and Chuba going into next year. That’s just being smart and can do nothing help the brand for both OSU and Chuba.