Chu Ba !!! ??

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
Seems a bit premature to gloat. He hasn’t gained anything yet by coming back. If he moves into the top two rounds next year, gloat away. I hope that happens. I suspect if he gets injured or something weird happens and he doesn’t get drafted, you won’t be on here admitting you were wrong.
he could get attacked by sharks.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Anyone on here know how these insurance policies for players like Tylan and Chuba work? Perhaps a few million in coverage in exchange for a hefty premium or percentage of signing bonus when they get to the NFL? I can't see them having any money currently to pay the premiums on a policy other than a promise of a significant "future" premium should they not get injured and make it to the NFL It seems like perhaps it's a leveraged gamble on the part of Lloyd's of London or whoever underwrites the policy. Just wondered if any one on here "actually" knows how these work beyond any rampant speculation which I can do myself and in fact just did.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
As I understand it,NCAA allows each team $xxxK amount of funds it can spend on football related stuff, like insurance.
So the more coverage you get (i.e. high premium) on one player, the less you can do for anyone else.

I've read that there is a base insurance if injured (e.g $500K) then there's an adder for each draft position that you drop from your projected to actual, typically something like $10K/position. So if you drop from projected 3rd round to actual 4th due to injury you'd get paid $300K in addition to the base amount.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
As I understand it,NCAA allows each team $xxxK amount of funds it can spend on football related stuff, like insurance.
So the more coverage you get (i.e. high premium) on one player, the less you can do for anyone else.

I've read that there is a base insurance if injured (e.g $500K) then there's an adder for each draft position that you drop from your projected to actual, typically something like $10K/position. So if you drop from projected 3rd round to actual 4th due to injury you'd get paid $300K in addition to the base amount.
I'm assuming we don't have that many players who are clearly risking a potential NFL career by continuing to play college ball - less than 10? A lot of these guys are hopefully going to get their degree and earn money doing something else.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
This is called Momentum!

I'm so hapoy for Dunn

There is 0 reason why he can't be wildly successful at OC, then transition into becoming our next Head Coach.

This is a good day for OSU Football
wow...... you're already anointing him to head coach is waiting? while I hope he does great at OC, the dude has very limited play calling experience. might want to slow your roll there, skippy..........

Nov 14, 2010
wow...... you're already anointing him to head coach is waiting? while I hope he does great at OC, the dude has very limited play calling experience. might want to slow your roll there, skippy..........
No.....
I said there is 0 reason why that can't happen, not that it is guaranteed that it will.

That was pretty clear.

Meaning, in my opinion, he possesses all the skills necessary to make that happen and there is no reason why he can't make it happen.

And....as I also said, I'm happy for Dunn because he has earned the opportunity to make all of this happen.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Man you really seem mad about my "smartypants" comment. It was joke because of the several days this thread was nothing but arguing back and forth of should he or shouldn't he. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Not sure why you'd take it so personally. Especially since you only had one post in this thread before Chuba announced. Having a bad day or something? Take a deep breath.
Damn, struck a nerve with you apparently. LOL

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Anyone on here know how these insurance policies for players like Tylan and Chuba work? Perhaps a few million in coverage in exchange for a hefty premium or percentage of signing bonus when they get to the NFL? I can't see them having any money currently to pay the premiums on a policy other than a promise of a significant "future" premium should they not get injured and make it to the NFL It seems like perhaps it's a leveraged gamble on the part of Lloyd's of London or whoever underwrites the policy. Just wondered if any one on here "actually" knows how these work beyond any rampant speculation which I can do myself and in fact just did.
I can't find the article I read this morning that talked about Jake Butts, the former TE from Michigan. He blew his knee out near the end of his season and he dropped from probable 2nd round to the 5th. It paid him $X per pick for each draft slot he dropped, so he ended up getting about $575,000 from his policy. So he got a nice chunk of change, but he lost quite a bit of money on the deal.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2005
Dallas

although there's no restriction from players or family for taking out individual injury policies. the ncca policy works like an employer disability/life insurance policy, but you can always add to that