Christian Leaders To Jeff Sessions: The Bible Does Not Justify Separating Families

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'd be careful of pointing out past presidential hypocrisy , there's a whole boat load of whataboutism that could be brought up with this one.
I don't disagree...we have had a sorry lot of Presidents over the past several Administrations...this one included and the last one especially included. IMHO we haven't had a great one that united the country since Reagan. Btw, he couldn't fix immigration either...this is a HARD topic to get consensus on. Hope we can.

Last edited:

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
The main complaint about Waco was that David K was a pedophile and having sex with minor girls who had no choice due to their circumstances in the cult (true)...since Clinton was also having sex with girls 1/2 his age, I don't think he thought it was that big of a deal...Until it became a political football anyway. :derp:
Did 75 other souls including children need to die because of what one pedo did? The poorly planned end to the 51 day siege failed by all accords. That result wasn't a political football, it was a human tragedy.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Did 75 other souls including children need to die because of what one pedo did? The poorly planned end to the 51 day siege failed by all accords. That result wasn't a political football, it was a human tragedy.
Yeah I agree, but it was a political football just prior to becoming a human tragedy. I recall it well, the LONG standoff and the public, in the majority, wanting it to end and for the government to go in for the "rescue." Certainly it was a failure on all counts and all sides and a wasteful human tragedy.

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
The facts represent themselves and have little to do with either sanctimony or God. I'm not a republican and didn't vote for Trump. Just a casual observation, I don't think either party has had much to do with God lately judging by what I've seen. Have you?
Jeff and Sarah have been misusing Bible verses not sure if God would approve. And calling yourself a casual observer is deceitful. I think most Democrats are praying to God that our country will survive this administration.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Jeff and Sarah have been misusing Bible verses not sure if God would approve. And calling yourself a casual observer is deceitful. I think most Democrats are praying to God that our country will survive this administration.
I hope they are praying for our Administration (even if that means to come to the light as they see it) as we should have been and many were praying for the Obama Administration. I think it's arrogant of us to see any Administration as not put there by God one way or another...(even ones that we may personally think are bad ones)

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I hope they are praying for our Administration (even if that means to come to the light as they see it) as we should have been and many were praying for the Obama Administration. I think it's arrogant of us to see any Administration as not put there by God one way or another...(even ones that we may personally think are bad ones)
I don't disagree, but will admit that I personally have a hard time praying for those who despitefully use us.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
We need a little more 'doing what's is right' and a little less sending 'thoughts and prayers'.

Anybody else hoping that our Country's leaders would just use common sense, think before they 'speak and/or tweet' and show respect to their fellow man.

If they do that I don't really care if they 'believe' their cause is righteous.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
Yeah, great economic times, lowest black and Hispanic unemployment in history, manufacturing increases, tax cuts, and record consumer confidence is a terrible thing. We'll see how the next Presidential election work out for you.

WINNING

Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Newly released audio of wailing children in detention centers will make no difference with the family values party until Donnie gets his wall funding.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We need a little more 'doing what's is right' and a little less sending 'thoughts and prayers'.

Anybody else hoping that our Country's leaders would just use common sense, think before they 'speak and/or tweet' and show respect to their fellow man.

If they do that I don't really care if they 'believe' their cause is righteous.
My post was about ACTUALLY praying for Presidents and other leaders as a Christian and how that is important no matter who is in office. Not some cliche about sending "thoughts and prayers."

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I don't disagree, but will admit that I personally have a hard time praying for those who despitefully use us.
Those are the ones who need even more prayer...but I understand that we Americans have a hard time accepting and submitting to power and authority. We certainly aren't brought up anymore to do that.