Chip Brown Latest- Big 12 May Survive

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 10, 2006
Pampa, Texas
I am not a member, nor got the free summer trial of orangebloods. But that is the title of one of the premium threads by him. Also on his twitter he had this to say...

ChipBrownOB

Orangebloods.com: A proposal by Dan Beebe to hold the Big 12 together with 10 teams is in play and being considered by Texas, sources say.

Take that FWIW though. Could be just another rumor on the long rumor weekend, or the last ditch effort they were talking about to save the Big 12.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I am not a member, nor got the free summer trial of orangebloods. But that is the title of one of the premium threads by him. Also on his twitter he had this to say...

ChipBrownOB

Orangebloods.com: A proposal by Dan Beebe to hold the Big 12 together with 10 teams is in play and being considered by Texas, sources say.

Take that FWIW though. Could be just another rumor on the long rumor weekend, or the last ditch effort they were talking about to save the Big 12.
The Big 12 is on life support. If it pulls out of the coma, it will be a vegetable. Texas, pull the plug now and end all of our suffering.

svpoke

Wrangler
Jun 12, 2010
Do you really want the Big 12 to survive? Even if it did survive, can you really trust that a team like Missouri wouldn't jump to another conference the first chance they get? There really aren't any good additional schools to add, so you would have to be a ten team conference. At this point in time I would much rather see the Pac 16 solution come true.

Jul 31, 2008
They made a committment to have one last meeting on Monday in an effort to keep the Big 12 together (with the looming Texas regents meeting on Tuesday).

For our sake, I hope they determine the Big 12 is not as viable as Big 16.

OP 9000

Administrator
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2003
Stillwater, OK
www.orangepower.com
Some perosnal thoughts with that....

Should what's left of the Big 12 survive... it's been noted that they would vote Missouri out for starting this whole thing. Not sure if that would really happen or not, but it's been suggested.

Should A&M actually have an SEC offer... I doubt they'd stay in the Big 12 even if it could be saved. They apparently really, really want to get away from Texas. For A&M... the Pac 16 > SEC.. but the SEC > Dysfunctional Big 12.

The biggest problem is that Texas being able to run it's own network would just be a cash machine we can't compete with. It's already a ridculously lopsided budget battle. OSU +8 million a year is great. but Texas + 30 million sucks. A Pac-16 deal would at least make it a little more even.

Feb 10, 2006
Pampa, Texas
Do you really want the Big 12 to survive? Even if it did survive, can you really trust that a team like Missouri wouldn't jump to another conference the first chance they get? There really aren't any good additional schools to add, so you would have to be a ten team conference. At this point in time I would much rather see the Pac 16 solution come true.
Yeah totally agree with you. I was just posting it for those interested. I would rather the Pac-16 with KU come along and aTm head to the SEC. That way we are a good basketball conference as well. I am sure it is probably just Beebe trying to save his job, and the conference but Texas might not even be listening.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
It has been mentioned that if the Big 12 survives that Mizzo might be asked to leave and if it does it may be the only way to keep the conference viable; that and fixing the money/tv problem.

OP 9000

Administrator
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2003
Stillwater, OK
www.orangepower.com
If the conference held together.. the Pac-10 would then take Utah along with Colorado to make the Pac-12. So they'd be off the table as an expansion candidate.

The Big 12's ONLY expansion options then into new markets would be: New Mexico, Air Force, Memphis, and Louisville. The latter two being well out of our 'region'.

And if we don't care about expanding TV market, TCU, Houston, and I'm being serious.. Tulsa... would be good options.