Chinese consulate in Houston forced to close

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
This is from the Washington Examiner, it's an opinion piece but the only piece I have seen yet getting into the why's.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/why-the-us-ordered-chinas-houston-consulate-closed

Why the US ordered China's Houston consulate closed

The key concern was China's Ministry of State Security's use of the Houston consulate as a key operations station for south-central and West Coast espionage operations. As I understand it, the Houston station is connected to the indictment on Tuesday of two MSS officers for cyberespionage against American intellectual property targets and coronavirus vaccine research. The Houston station was very likely used as a targeting center to gather intelligence for cyberattack teams on the Chinese mainland.

So what has the MSS been doing, specifically, out of Houston?

Well, MSS officers have been using the consulate as a base to receive and pursue taskings in relation to Beijing's top espionage priorities. These have included a focus on penetrating the defense and tech sectors in Houston and in the so-called Silicon Hills area of Austin. But China's Houston station has also been used to track and harass U.S. citizens who China believes owe loyalty to the Communist Party regime. Some of this MSS activity has involved very aggressive face-to-face confrontations and threats of a degree that makes even the Russian intelligence services' activity on U.S. soil look mild. To be clear, it crosses general red lines on the conduct of intelligence officers operating under diplomatic cover.
That's why Creepy Joe is staying in the basement and Hunter is fetching him beverages, the Chinese want their Manchurian candidate to get to manchurianing

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Interesting closing to a piece in Politico:

Despite U.S. demand, China refuses to commit to closing Houston consulate
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/23/china-refuses-commit-close-houston-consulate-380220

Chinese President Xi Jinping, on the other hand, is facing pressure from elites at home to deescalate tensions with the U.S. to avoid the imposition of more financial sanctions and visa restrictions. Those penalties are already squeezing wealthy, connected members of the Communist Party who keep much of their wealth overseas, he said.

“Xi Jinping has been starting to face pressure from other elites and leaders over his very tough and aggressive approach to the U.S.,” Hung said. “He has the instincts to show that he is a tough guy, but at the same time I believe there are increasing numbers of Chinese elites that see their interests hurt by conflict with the U.S. over Hong Kong or other things.”

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...eed-theft-exposes-vulnerability-idUSKCN0X80D6
Remember this guy caught red handed in the middle of no where in a farmers field? We’ve been under attack for a long time and we are too stupid to do anything remarkable about it.
These people have to come here. It can not be all done through a computer.
And now this from Virginia and I've also heard Washington State. https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/...m-seed-packets-that-may-have-come-from-china/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
And now this from Virginia and I've also heard Washington State. https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/...m-seed-packets-that-may-have-come-from-china/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I haven't finished the thread so there may be others, but my BIL (NE OK resident) received a packet of seeds last week from China. The envelope was marked in English as "Ring". He contacted an OK Dept. Of Ag agent via email, a name given to him by a friend whose family is big in agriculture in western OK. He has since received calls from th OK group and from a USDA agent. They don't have enough manpower to come pick up the seeds in person (!) but are sending him a "special container" so he can send in the seeds. I'm guessing Zip Lock, he's betting on Glad. Funny right now, but potentially spooky if you're into cornspiracies.

(Sorry. The story is true but I couldn't resist the punchline. )

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I haven't finished the thread so there may be others, but my BIL (NE OK resident) received a packet of seeds last week from China. The envelope was marked in English as "Ring". He contacted an OK Dept. Of Ag agent via email, a name given to him by a friend whose family is big in agriculture in western OK. He has since received calls from th OK group and from a USDA agent. They don't have enough manpower to come pick up the seeds in person (!) but are sending him a "special container" so he can send in the seeds. I'm guessing Zip Lock, he's betting on Glad. Funny right now, but potentially spooky if you're into cornspiracies.

(Sorry. The story is true but I couldn't resist the punchline. )
That's not a conspiracy theory, its terrifying if they sent a vine or thistle thats chemical resistant. We aren't done with the kung flu yet, now they are starting something.