CFN season prediction for Pokes football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Beyond the obvious QB concern, the defensive line could be a real issue. I realize the big 12 is a passing league, but if our front four gets pushed around it will be impossible to defend the good teams when they are running the ball at will.
I agree, that's why I said QB play and "making stops" are works in progress.

I'm actually a bit optimistic about the DLine potential, with some of the new faces, and Scott having a year under his belt.

I read just today that Kyle Junior (Bowling Green DT grad-transfer) has put on 25 pounds working with glass and will likely stay inside at DT. Evers is solid now that he's healthy, and Antwine from Colorado started his freshman season in the Pac12.

SAMUELA TUIHALAMAKA redshirted last year and coach has said he's likely to see a lot of action at 6-2, 295. He played for national power Matre Dei for goodness sakes.

Antwine is 6-4, 295
Evers is 6-2, 295

and the two JC guys are
SIONE ASI 6-1, 325
AMADOU FOFANA 6-4, 280

It may be a work in progress, but that's 6 guys on the inside that could have an impact.

We've got a couple of guys at DE that should be solid, but could use a couple more, IMO.

My concern with the defense "making stops" has more to do with me still not being sold on the 4-2-5 alignment, than it has to do with the DLine.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
No problem, we’re all about to find out how good an entire NFL O-Line can make players look, makes really good players great. Not saying they will be terrible because they have recruited well but if you don’t think replacing their entire offensive line will impact every aspect of their offense just wait and see. Hurts won’t look near as good as he would have behind last year’s line.

I am very confident and optimistic Coach Dickey, with everything we have returning and that we’ve recruited and redshirted, will have a significantly improved offensive line for us this year
To be fair they didn’t replace the most important lineman in center Creed Humphreys and he is a really good player.
Ok, 4/5ths of their line. There will be a drop off. That line that graduated was a cow catcher on the front of a locomotive!

Last edited:

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
3-0 = Nonconference.
0-3 = OU/@TX/@ISU
4-0 = Home games vs Baylor/TCU/KSU/KU
?-? = Swing games will be @Tech/@WVU.

That puts us at a 7-5 on the low end and a 9-3 on the top end.
I don’t think we let Texas best us...they have extreme trouble with us theses days and I actually think we will be far better than the team we had last year that knocked them down early and didn’t let them up.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well maybe it’s a push...we have some great coaches on this current staff...Gundy has always hired pretty damn well. Point being that our dline coach is one of, if not the best at his position in the country...as is our WR coach we now expect our dline to just replace guys just like we expect that at WR. Btw he’s been so good for so long I kind of forget how awesome he is...nice reminder.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I don’t think we let Texas best us...they have extreme trouble with us theses days and I actually think we will be far better than the team we had last year that knocked them down early and didn’t let them up.
I hope you're right, & I like that we get them early this year (9/21). They'll be coming off a matchup w/LSU 2 weeks prior, & travel to Morgantown & then the RRR 2 weeks after us.

UT's schedule is definitely set up nicely, if they get through us, WVU & OU by October 12th, it's all downhill from there.