CFN season prediction for Pokes football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Pretty decent breakdown. Hard to argue with it. Offense should be solid, but defense is questionable again. If we don’t change that trend, Taco Tech will claim we copied their gameplay. Hopefully Knowles gets something going this season.
Why should the offense be "solid"? They have as many question marks as the defense, IMHO, if not more.

Taco Tech held our "solid offense" to 17 points last year, and we lost our QB, starting RB, good WR and some OLinemen....

I have no idea what to expect this year, but at the moment I'm thinking the defense could be okay and hoping the offense with a new OC can keep up the pressure

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Why should the offense be "solid"? They have as many question marks as the defense, IMHO, if not more.

Taco Tech held our "solid offense" to 17 points last year, and we lost our QB, starting RB, good WR and some OLinemen....

I have no idea what to expect this year, but at the moment I'm thinking the defense could be okay and hoping the offense with a new OC can keep up the pressure
Hill was gone halfway through the year. Hubbard was more than adequate as Hill’s replacement. I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t better than Hill. We still have our #1 receiver. By all accounts the o-line will be better. I can’t believe that the Texas Gatorade POY won’t be really good after red shirting for a year. Is your name Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
We have a shaky defense and (likely) a redshirt freshman QB. I think 8 wins would be a heckuva season. The next 2-3, however, we should be back on the 10(+) platform.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Hill was gone halfway through the year. Hubbard was more than adequate as Hill’s replacement. I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t better than Hill. We still have our #1 receiver. By all accounts the o-line will be better. I can’t believe that the Texas Gatorade POY won’t be really good after red shirting for a year. Is your name Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer?
I'm fully aware of what we have ON BOTH SIDES - you apparently are not... Debbie Downer. Dudly Doright. Morris Moron.

We have plenty of superior position players returning on defense too (just as many as offense)... and the Defense isn't totally dependent on the performance of one position.

you really didn't have to go all potty mouth and ahole.... your point was considered prior to you posting it.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I'm fully aware of what we have ON BOTH SIDES - you apparently are not... Debbie Downer. Dudly Doright. Morris Moron.

We have plenty of superior position players returning on defense too (just as many as offense)... and the Defense isn't totally dependent on the performance of one position.

you really didn't have to go all potty mouth and ahole.... your point was considered prior to you posting it.
You could have answered my question with a simple”no”. I didn’t call you names.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Should:
ORE ST
MCN
Tulsa
KU
KSU
Baylor

Could:
TCU
TTU
WVU
ISU

Hard
OU
UT

I think we beat the 5 teams we “should”, split the teams we “could” and get one of the “hard” games (probably texass) for 8 wins. It wouldn’t surprise me if we went +/- 2 off that 8 though. I would be surprised if it went over that though.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Beat the teams we should, arguably 5 or 6 wins. Go .500 versus the rest and that's another 3 wins. As in most years/most teams we will lose one we shouldn't and win one shouldn't, so that will offset. Last year was a freaky year in that we beat some good ranked teams and lost to some more mediocre teams in games which we were favored, but ended up with only one less win than I predicted.

Going with 8 wins again this year; my heart says 9. So that's a big over on the 6.5.

Last edited:

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Pretty decent breakdown. Hard to argue with it. Offense should be solid, but defense is questionable again. If we don’t change that trend, Taco Tech will claim we copied their gameplay. Hopefully Knowles gets something going this season.
For the first time since probably 2013, the secondary will actually be our strength. I feel good with what we have in the secondary IF, we stay healthy.

The front 6 is where we might struggle, especially DL - just a lot of unknowns currently. We need Mike Scott to step up and be the next JBC disciple. He showed flashes last year, but was buried in the depth chart. I think Antwine can step in and be what Enoch Smith was, with the potential to be better.

The rest have potential, but it's just an unknown. I think at LB we'll be OK, if Bundage can stop committing stupid penalties.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX

Call it crazy, but Hubbard was probably the better back by season's end. And that's no knock on Justice. Hubbard has elite size, ability and becoming a good pass blocker.

Jul 28, 2006
Spencer is legit. Major talent. If he went to OU, they'd be hyping him for Heisman right now. College football is all about the QB. OSU is going to have a great year. Remember, CFN picked Texas A&M to win the big twelve in 2011.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Fyi Big 12 media days are a week away...

OSU head coach Mike Gundy, following a 7-6 season and a Liberty Bowl victory over the Missouri Tigers in 2018, will bring with him to Dallas wide receiver Tylan Wallace, cornerback A.J. Green, linebacker Phillip Redwine-Bryant and center Johnny Wilson. Each will be making their first Big 12 Media Days appearances.

The Sooners and Cowboys are both set to make their Big 12 Media Days on Monday July 15 with Gundy set to hold his press conference at 11:15 a.m.