CFN Ok State vs. Missouri State prediction & preview

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
But they play nobody outside of us. This is my point. They could run the table and still not make a good bowl game. It’s really not their fault because they play the schedule given to them. However, I think the media doesn’t value playing a non power 5 and especially not if you lose to them
Or you're just spewing emotional flatulence.

Boise has played in 3 Fiesta Bowls in the past decade winning all three, and beat Oregon last year in a bowl game, lost to Wash St in 3 OTs. Boise beat Wash St and Oregon St the prior year.

Boise has played in 16 straight bowls and 18 in the past 19 seasons (missing 2001)

FIESTA
2007 beat #3 Oklahoma
2010 beat #3 TCU
2014 beat #12 Arizona

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Gunsan City, Korea
But they play nobody outside of us. This is my point. They could run the table and still not make a good bowl game. It’s really not their fault because they play the schedule given to them. However, I think the media doesn’t value playing a non power 5 and especially not if you lose to them
Nothing in this paragraph is correct.

First of all, Boise State has been a respected name in college football since our second favorite Fiesta Bowl ever trick-played it's way into our hearts.

Second of all, if they ran the table with a win over us, they would absolutely be in a NY6 bowl. And there would be corners of the media and Internet screaming that an undefeated Boise State should be in the CFP.

Third of all, if a G5 team is as valued as Boise State in a given year (see: Houston, UCF, Western Michigan), a win over them would absolutely be valued, especially if that team goes 12-1, because that team is almost certain to be ranked at the end of the year.

And finally, the entire angle your're shooting at is that we might lose to them. You could lose to almost anyone on any day if the circumstances are right. But if you win, it's a win over a top 20 team that will likely still be in the top 20 at the end of the year, therefore giving you a win over a top 25 team, which counts no matter what name is to the right of that number.

I guess I should rescind my opening remark since you are technically right that it's not Boise State's fault who they play because that's the schedule dictated to them by their conference affiliation, but I'm going to say you got lucky there. No soup for you.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
A/V Subscriber
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Boise is ranked 15th in the country. They’re coming off of an eleven-win season, and they return the whole team, including Brett Rypien, who’s thrown for almost 10K yards. They’re a top two, group of five team. That would be a big-time quality win.
They don't return Layton Vanderesch

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Boise is ranked 15th in the country. They’re coming off of an eleven-win season, and they return the whole team, including Brett Rypien, who’s thrown for almost 10K yards. They’re a top two, group of five team. That would be a big-time quality win.
They don't return Layton Vanderesch
He can’t even crack Dallas’s starting lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk