CFN bowl projections

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Why were you not impressed with the bowl?
That’s a fair question. Honestly, I was going off my memory of the game. I forgot it was the 3rd bowl selection, so we’d have to finish at least 4th in the conference and have a Big XII team in the CFP. That’s respectable.

I just remember it feeling like a lower tier bowl. It wasn’t as close to the New Years games as the Alamo Bowl and it was a mid-day game time. But we were ranked 14 last time we played there and VT was a fun matchup.

Reassessing, I would be good with that option. Just not over the moon.

Jun 12, 2007
That’s a fair question. Honestly, I was going off my memory of the game. I forgot it was the 3rd bowl selection, so we’d have to finish at least 4th in the conference and have a Big XII team in the CFP. That’s respectable.

I just remember it feeling like a lower tier bowl. It wasn’t as close to the New Years games as the Alamo Bowl and it was a mid-day game time. But we were ranked 14 last time we played there and VT was a fun matchup.

Reassessing, I would be good with that option. Just not over the moon.
Just wondered why you were not impressed with the Camping World. We had a great time at the bowl and the destination is fantastic. There is so much to do there, we just had to decide what was the most important and say when the Cowboys make the bowl again, we'll do some of the other things. I think one could spend two full weeks in Orlando and not be able to visit all of the attractions there. The seats we had came with free food and wine plus it was a good opponent in Virginia Tech. I'd go back to that bowl in a heartbeat. The bowl I would pause of returning to is the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Just wondered why you were not impressed with the Camping World. We had a great time at the bowl and the destination is fantastic. There is so much to do there, we just had to decide what was the most important and say when the Cowboys make the bowl again, we'll do some of the other things. I think one could spend two full weeks in Orlando and not be able to visit all of the attractions there. The seats we had came with free food and wine plus it was a good opponent in Virginia Tech. I'd go back to that bowl in a heartbeat. The bowl I would pause of returning to is the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
The main problem with the Camping World Bowl is that the destination is so far away that a lot of Poke fans can’t make the trip. Otherwise it is a great destination.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Probably considering expectations from that season

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
The main problem with the Camping World Bowl is that the destination is so far away that a lot of Poke fans can’t make the trip. Otherwise it is a great destination.
While this is certainly true...airfare to Orlando on discount airlines from OKC, Tulsa, and NW Arkie is CHEAP! Orlando is also perhaps the best possible destination for family in the country bar none with tons of affordable options for accommodations and world class attractions.

Jun 12, 2007
That may have been a factor. Bigger expectations for Mason Rudolph and James Washington capping off their college careers.
I'll agree with that 100%. I and probably everybody here expected more from that season with the players we had but I've learned by the time the season ends the the bowl game, the sting is gone and I am ready to travel to the bowl wherever it is.