CFN Big 12 game by game predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I'd take a 9-3 regular season, but not sure that's attainable. So many unknowns with most teams this year, but their picks look about right to me. Not sure we can slow down WVU enough to win that one. KSU is going to be even more stout this year--lots of returning starters, and it's at their place (which doesn't really matter, because we can never stop them, regardless of who their QB is.) OU is a loss, of course. TCU, I think is a toss-up, but home field advantage probably favors them. I think our offense will be very good once again, and defense will be a liability, as usual. Really don't see Knowles turning things around that much. The job Orlando did with Texas' D last year was outstanding. But, I think their offense is still a WIP.

marshmo

Wrangler
Dec 6, 2013
A few years ago when I was still single and in college I had been talking to a girl that went to KU and she told me they usually just drank until blackout every Saturday KU was playing football lol.
The jayhawks ought to take a flyer on Les Miles. Neither has much to lose.

stonewallpoke

Herald of the House of Soju
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Riley, KS
Jul 9, 2011
Near Bryan/College Station in Iola, TX
Their Defense will be best in Big XII probably (Sorry Tech) and they have some young talent at the QB and WR position along with their leading rusher from last year.
Sounds like a description of OSU with the exception of the defense "best in the Big XII". I think TCU was slotted above us because we have a new DC and the media reps are taking a wait & see on him - understandable. If it turns out that Knowles "knows" defense and we can put together a solid D, then we will be in the top 3 or 4 teams vying for a Big XII championship.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
It is, but Boise is a pretty solid team that returns a ton of players. They would finish in the top 3 if they were in the Big 12.
They would get smoked like TCU and WVU their first couple years in the conference if they joined the Big12. They don't have the depth to get up every week against a Power 5 team from late September through late November. They only have to do it once or twice a year. Gary Patterson admitted it about his TCU teams and they steam rolled the lesser conferences they played in before the Big 12.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
I'm saying this year. Not necessarily most years. They had a pretty solid team last year (11-3) with a bowl win over Oregon, and returned almost their entire team. Especially early in the season they are going to be ready to go at full speed.

Also to your point, they already have us circled on their calendar because they have a real shot at an undefeated regular season if they can get by us.
That doesn't change the fact they'd be lucky to even sniff the top half of the Big 12 this year.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
wvu will likely lose 3 but iowa state isnt going to be a loss. we own them.
Iowa State sneaks up on someone every year. You're singlehandedly creating enough juju to make WVU a likely candidate.
Hopefully some *** doesn't remember some of my stupid posts and quote them but this popped into my memory bank and I couldn't resist bumping it.