Caption Time...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
Thanks Captain Obvious, think real hard about that one? Again, someone's opinion that differs is ridiculed, yet hundreds of thousands of comments on this board rail against those who are intolerant to dissenting opinions. Quite the dichotomy.

And by the way, it is Francis, not Frances.
How dare you make fun of me??? Now, you've hurt my feelings. This is serious business! :derp:

VENTRINO

You've got 5 seconds.. and 3 are up.
Sep 10, 2008
The Dojo
Thanks Captain Obvious, think real hard about that one? Again, someone's opinion that differs is ridiculed, yet hundreds of thousands of comments on this board rail against those who are intolerant to dissenting opinions. Quite the dichotomy.

And by the way, it is Francis, not Frances.
Haha, you're name is Francis!

*your

Last edited:

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Whomever the F Tywin is?

Not wanting to demean or belittle the meeting has everything to do with "something better to do". Listen, you have your standards, I have mine. Neither is more righteous than the other, but I prefer to see the moment as something other than a punching bag for cheap internet jokes, most of which are not even remotely funny regardless of the context. My prerogative to feel this way. You see, IMO, respect is the utmost emotion one person can bestow on another, even greater than love. Do not understand how two premier sports figures, one ever-so-close to "Muhammad Ali status", sharing a moment and comments transpiring from mutual respect, in any way warrants making jokes about it. What next? Memes using a picture of Mother Teresa winning the Nobel? ahahahahhahahahahaha, that is so effing funny, I bet she looked down at the presenter and said, "Your fly is open". ahahahahhahaha.

Stupid.

My opinion,

Carry on.
I think most on here respect the moment and think it's pretty cool. having some fun w/ it doesn't demean it in anyway, imo. now, comparing the moment to Mother Teresa winning the Nobel Peace Prize? that's a stretch.............

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Now I have to go all high and mighty......

I am not a Tiger fan but have the utmost respect his golf ability. VH showed class and respect, even moving out of the way when the green jacket was awarded. He was humble, obviously nervous and carried himself as a great ambassador for OSU. Not sure what the benefit is in trying to make VH some smart ass bringing up something that happened when he was 14 or so. IMO, better things to do.
No, you don’t.