Can the division be rectified?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I actually think there is hope, but not with Antifa. You cannot make sense of nonsense. There is no middle ground for these people. The guy making these videos I post is a self avowed left leaning centrist. He posted about a poll the other day that showed the ONLY people who feel free to express their real political feelings online are the FAR left. EVERYONE else is over 50% feeling like they have to self-censor to protect jobs and family.

Honestly, how much of this crap will America take?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxYS_fjHsyw

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
On a related but different topic, families with means are fleeing the cities. Or at least looking for a vacation, weekend or temporary retreat. In the face of the pandemic and real economic uncertainty, single-family mountain home values are skyrocketing. In Breckenridge, homes in-town are under contract for just over $1,000/sqft. Homes just out of town on bigger lots are going for over $850/sqft.

Strange times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Do you think there is anymore to it than that?
Sure.
Rise of crime.
Even more flight to suburbs that don’t cut safety of police officers (not just people living in houses, but businesses wanting safety).
Reduction of tax base in cities that defund police.
Greater income disparity.
See my post just above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Not much hope of fixing the country if the communists win the battle of Portland. At this point, I say get the feds out and let them burn it down. Hold Ted Wheeler and the PDX city council on the hook for building a new federal courthouse out in a more sane part of Oregon.

I really would not like to see the violence escalate because that's exactly what Antifa wants: dead "moms" or kids.
It's one thing the Antifa people and I agree on, keep this on a local level. People in these cities can decide when they want to support the police and elect officials that believe in the rule of law, or if they want "no mo police" as they lady with the bull horn in Minneapolis said. If the citizens of some city are okay with a section of downtown to be a scene out of a post apocalyptic movie that's up to them. If they don't want that they can vote accordingly or move to another place.

I watch a lot of these and it's the same pattern. Protest, until the protesters realize they don't get exactly what they want like a bunch of spoiled kids so they escalate. When the police try to restore order or retake property, the protesters adapt to their techniques and come more prepared with stuff like facial coverings and leaf blowers. When the police try stronger tactics the protesters get out the cell phone and record it, editing it down to just the part where the police got tough. We never see what led up to the confrontation. They post it on line and let people agonize, and Monday morning quarterback, over how mean those police are.

Their twitter account is very clear they want to cause as much destruction as possible and intend to win the war by being relentless and counting on people to buy their edited version of events. They learn and adapt always with the goal of bringing down the system. This is not me quoting Tucker Carlson. It's me quoting the twitter account of things like the YLF. Every once in a while they remember to bring up Black Lives or something, but most don't care a bit about those causes.
It's time the cops have their own cameras there. They need to show the whole unedited confrontation and beat these young punks at their own propaganda game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
It's time the cops have their own cameras there. They need to show the whole unedited confrontation and beat these young punks at their own propaganda game.

They have body cams. Part of the problem is they aren't always turned on.

I completely agree. People can edit footage to spin anything however they want. I don't know how feasible it is but if the officers camera is running prior to and throughout an altercation it should go a long way to telling what actually happened.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think y'all are overthinking this.

1968 had political assassination, a raging war in Asia, and race riots that make the last couple of months seem quaint. A century before that we had a literal civil war.

Right now we are in a weird spot because of the virus. Take that away and the partisan bickering is nothing we haven't seen for 200 years. You go back 150 and the Whigs were a neoconservative 3rd party until they got mainstream and elected a President. The Republicans were the same way and boom they took the office with that era's version of Beta O'Rourke. And he was probably the best person to hold the job.

So yeah, life is a little crappy right now. But it will get better.
That's a good point. The people on the survivalistboards are always telling me how the world is going down the toilet, and I respond that things aren't worse, we just have more news showing us the bad.

Globally we have less war, a higher standard of living, a higher life expectancy and better human rights than any time in history. We don't have worse problems, just new problems.
Why do you say far less war? I haven't looked, but at any given point in time if the last decade there have been hundreds of wars going on. Granted, most are infighting of different sects of Islam, but they are all over different areas of the globe.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Genius. No one knows racism like white chicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-fP7BfXhs
Can't even understand take the crap she was saying. You are outside little girl. Just stay 6 feet away and "TAKE OFF THE MASK". First off, people will take you more seriously when they can understand you, second, when a black man deference his colleagues to you after you call them racist, you should listen to the man and shut up.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Can't even understand take the crap she was saying. You are outside little girl. Just stay 6 feet away and "TAKE OFF THE MASK". First off, people will take you more seriously when they can understand you, second, when a black man deference his colleagues to you after you call them racist, you should listen to the man and shut up.

Well, we have learned a few things recently.

1. Not All Black Lives Matter, just ask Don Lemon.

2. Cops who are black don't count because they are cops, ACAB.

3. I have yet to see one of these people actually hold a legit conversation where they heard a single word anyone said to them. They simply shout racism and what not repeatedly as if saying it makes it true justifying whatever they are doing.

The anti-racism movement is about as anti-racist as Antifa is anti-facist.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
It's the cops I say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqqGGqLlrw4
While the people in black instigated, note all the people around just videoing and not doing a thing to stop them. Even worse, note the others not in black that join in the moment they see the projectiles dumped out.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

They have body cams. Part of the problem is they aren't always turned on.

I completely agree. People can edit footage to spin anything however they want. I don't know how feasible it is but if the officers camera is running prior to and throughout an altercation it should go a long way to telling what actually happened.
Body cams are too low. Body and helmet cams are also subject to directional issues. Need hand held cameras/phones so it's easier to direct them and make sure to get the whole scene.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
This is what we'll have if the dems get in charge. My money says there likely wasn't a single republican burning or looting. All enemies foreign and domestic should be dealt with equally. imo The answer to the thread is an emphatic NO as long as we have lawless, anti-American insurgents in the street. Dem/Biden supporters are calling to defund the police and open the door for anarchy.

Austin, Texas: Fatal shooting
A fatal shooting occurred around 9:50 p.m. during a protest in the city, according to reports.

Police said a man carrying a weapon approached a vehicle – but a person inside the vehicle fatally shot the man, the Austin American Statesman reported.

Aurora, Colo.: Vehicle drives through crowd; courthouse fire
A frightening moment happened along Interstate 225 when a vehicle drove through a crowd of marchers in Aurora, Colo., The Guardian reported. At least one person was struck by the vehicle and was taken to a hospital.

Seattle: Explosive blows hole in precinct wall
At one point during Saturday’s daylong protests in Seattle, rioters threw an explosive device that created an eight-inch hole in a wall of the police department’s East District, police Chief Carmen Best said, according to the Seattle Times. Police reported making 45 arrests near the East Precinct as of 10 p.m. local time. They said 21 officers were hit by bricks, rocks and explosives. Most of the injured officers were able to return to work, police said in a Twitter message.

Portland, Ore.: Courthouse fence breached
A huge crowd that included the Wall of Moms and the Wall of Vets turned out for yet another day and night of rioting and lawlessness in Portland, Ore., a city that has seen more than 50 consecutive days of such behavior since Floyd's death.

Los Angeles: Damage to courthouse, City Hall clash
Rioting in the nation’s second-largest city on Saturday night included broken windows and graffiti at a federal courthouse in the downtown area and police in riot gear facing off against a crowd near City Hall, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I'd vote for a Democrat that said and meant...

1. Lawless behavior needs to end on the streets of our nations cities.
2. Defunding the Police is stupid
3. We should make sure we put America and American's first when we negotiate deals with other countries.
4. All lives, including Black ones that are lost to all types of violence, matter.

These things are basic, if we can't agree on them we have a huge issue with basic common sense. Bottom line, however, none of it matters, my opinions are just that. What I have to believe is that God is good and that his plan is unfolding in spite of my opinions. As his follower I have to learn this daily because my allegiance to my country is secondary to God.

Last edited:

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Why do you say far less war? I haven't looked, but at any given point in time if the last decade there have been hundreds of wars going on. Granted, most are infighting of different sects of Islam, but they are all over different areas of the globe.

I don't know where I saw it, and I'll poke around a bit online today. I don't remember the details but I have seen, more than once I think, some stats that say fewer people are involved in wars now than ever as a percentage of the world population. To be fair it might be one of those things where you could produce data to prove either side of that argument depending on your agenda.

Wars are different now than they were in the past. It used to be when a country was at war it was an all out war. Somewhere along the way we started getting into these wars where we're kind of at war and it is much more limited in scope. I can't even say for sure when we are at war and when we aren't any more, so I'm not sure how you quantify that.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I don't know where I saw it, and I'll poke around a bit online today. I don't remember the details but I have seen, more than once I think, some stats that say fewer people are involved in wars now than ever as a percentage of the world population. To be fair it might be one of those things where you could produce data to prove either side of that argument depending on your agenda.

Wars are different now than they were in the past. It used to be when a country was at war it was an all out war. Somewhere along the way we started getting into these wars where we're kind of at war and it is much more limited in scope. I can't even say for sure when we are at war and when we aren't any more, so I'm not sure how you quantify that.
Another reason for less war could be Covid. Hard to wage war when fighters are sick.