Can the division be rectified?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Is there an answer to this question that is affirmative?

Looking around I see so much division it is hard to imagine a closing of the gap. It is hard to see room for healing. I don't feel the need to hurl accusations. I want to pursue forgiveness and establish a path forward that allows people to grow. What about the current movements has any chance of this?

Let's say Trump resigned right now. Would there be healing?

Let's say Trump wins/losses in Nov. Healing?

For all our advancement we seem to have only widened the gap between each other. I refuse to see my brothers and sisters in this world as the enemy. That said, I don't require people to agree with me to receive my love. There are those here that want to sling bombs and fan the flames, and I can be said to be guilty of the same, though it is not my intention.

What is the price of unity? I am referring to real unity, not acquiescence to avoid conflict.

I fear that I know the answer, but I am crazy enough to hope. Maybe a fool's hope.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta

Looking around I see so much division it is hard to imagine a closing of the gap. It is hard to see room for healing. I don't feel the need to hurl accusations. I want to pursue forgiveness and establish a path forward that allows people to grow. What about the current movements has any chance of this?

For all our advancement we seem to have only widened the gap between each other. I refuse to see my brothers and sisters in this world as the enemy. That said, I don't require people to agree with me to receive my love. There are those here that want to sling bombs and fan the flames, and I can be said to be guilty of the same, though it is not my intention.

What is the price of unity? I am referring to real unity, not acquiescence to avoid conflict.

I fear that I know the answer, but I am crazy enough to hope. Maybe a fool's hope.
ppl want to put all of this on Trump this country was very divided before Trump! I dont think him resigning is the key.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
ppl want to put all of this on Trump this country was very divided before Trump! I dont think him resigning is the key.
Divisions like hatred and racism predated him by all of human history and will survive him the same. Trump is an easy scapegoat. The true problem is in our willingness to vilify and demonize each other in order to either destroy whatever or increase our advantage.

Who profits from division? Who gains from our citizens being on edge 100% of the time, and hunkering down ready to strike at the slightest perceived slight.

I don't think it's Trump necessarily, but he does absolutely nothing to help.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I dont really see a way out other than splitting the country up. The right views this fight as one of survival. The left, imo, views this fight as one for domination. Until those things change the only solution is a parting of ways. Now if something happens, like another 9/11 or something, maybe it would bring the sides together but to be frank, if a pandemic couldnt do it I don't think an attack would do it either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Divisions like hatred and racism predated him by all of human history and will survive him the same. Trump is an easy scapegoat. The true problem is in our willingness to vilify and demonize each other in order to either destroy whatever or increase our advantage.

Who profits from division? Who gains from our citizens being on edge 100% of the time, and hunkering down ready to strike at the slightest perceived slight.

I don't think it's Trump necessarily, but he does absolutely nothing to help.
Find out whom your not allowed to criticize and you’ll have your answer.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

As far as I remember, it’s never been unified coast to coast. There’ll be no 100% unity. Or 90%. Or 80%. Maybe in the 70%ish range?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I believe we have been more divided in our history than we are now, it's just covered so much more today than it ever has been and sensationalized more by the media than it has ever been. Can we bridge the gap? Of course, but that will take people realizing that the GOP and DNC need to be voted out of power, or at the very least reigned in by their base. How long that will take, I don't know, but I don't look for it to happen any time soon. As long as people keep voting based solely on R and D, the politicians will happily keep dividing us along those lines.

Trump is not the issue, he's just exposed the issue more than others might have, leading to an appearance of being more divided. Remember that the left called Bush Hitler and a war criminal and a racist and a....etc. etc. etc...they said Reagan couldn't be trusted with nuclear codes and that he would be a war monger, etc. Also remember that the GOP proudly stated they hoped for Obama to fail. I've been saying it all along, Trump is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. No the DNC will not give up on race baiting if Trump loses. No the GOP will not give up on pandering to social conservatives if Trump wins.

Vote 3rd party folks.

Patron

Banned
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Joe Biden hasn’t farted in the 50+ years he’s been on the public tit so don’t start blaming him for global warming and other climate stuff. Now brain farts are a whole nuther deal, Savy.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
We can blame the inventor of the internets one Alphonso Gore, not only did the great climate change scientist and the electronics expert find new ways to infiltrate our national psyche he also caused the greatest schism in the US political landscape since the Civil War because he blew a huge lead to a NeoCon.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
Everybody in the country should turn off the news for a month. Use your time to volunteer or with your family. We would be so much better off if everybody just focused on common good instead of seeking out sources they know will tell them what they want to hear about the “outrage” of the day.

I did this a while back just because I didn’t have time to watch. It was life changing.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
I dont really see a way out other than splitting the country up. The right views this fight as one of survival. The left, imo, views this fight as one for domination. Until those things change the only solution is a parting of ways. Now if something happens, like another 9/11 or something, maybe it would bring the sides together but to be frank, if a pandemic couldnt do it I don't think an attack would do it either.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The solution starts with realizing that the other "side's" intentions aren't evil.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
For it to work you have to have a common set of principles and values you operate on. The expectation that people are equal, the common belief that doing harm to anyone white, brown, black will not be tolerated.the belief that people and or companies must work hard and not game the system would be a nice start.

Aug 14, 2005
Edmond Oklahoma
I say no unfortunately 1) Have to get rid of the career politician. Set it up like jury duty some how. Government for the people BY the people.. 2) no news outlet is trustworthy, they all have an agenda, or some money backer driving the agenda, so there has to be a way to communicate truthfully to the people. 3) Until politicians are held accountable for their illegal and/or criminal actions, sadly, it will continue. And probably get worse until the people finally stand up and say enough.

GodsPeace

Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I didn't expect there to be an avalanche of ideas, but I refuse to give in to this malaise that there is no hope. My whole worldview is built on hope, and I will keep hope alive that there will be a resolution.

I am well aware that the system is broken. The most shocking part of the events that have taken place across this country recently aren't the deaths(sadly). It is the unwillingness of the government to confront and deal with angry mobs intent on the destruction of whatever is in front of them.

I am empathetic to injustice and am 100% about seeking solutions to the injustice so many feel. That said, your outrage does not give you carte blanche to destroy whatever you will and threaten the lives and livelihoods of people across this country. Your anger does NOT trump the rights of those you seek your revenge on.

I love this country, and I will miss her if this goes the way of the dodo.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Xanax and tequila...these two things will bring us together...AND put us to sleep, for a long long time.

Honestly, I agree with you, but you have a Savior that is far greater than one country's fate...You live and die with him, not the USA. It is what it is, and, yes, it's sad to witness what could be the death of a nation as we once knew it...but nations rise and fall, empires come and go...and so, most likely, will ours. The media, both social and print, is unknowingly in their radical "progressivism," killing it...they think, and teach our children, it was built on the back of slavery when it was really built on freedoms wings...this is the heart of the problem...fix education and make America great in the eyes of our youth again...this is key, but it might already be lost. When you teach history, teach it all...the good and the bad, but make damn sure the good outweighs the bad when it comes to America because that is the Truth...and you should teach Truth.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2011
Federalism is the answer. When the all powerful national government has too much power in our lives, everything hinges on who controls that power and we segregate into our idiotic national "teams". Let Oklahoma be Oklahoma. Let Oregon be Oregon.