Can OU please just go a couple of months without getting in the news....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
What is so sickening is that the students are running universities these days and the presidents are bowing down to their requests. As they continue to eat their own, the professors will be fed up enough that they will start leaving.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Oh, I've read it. And I agree that it's all ridiculous. I just can't help but laugh that students and faculty from OU keep repeatedly opening themselves up to this publicity.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I guess they want negotiate down to a KFC or Taco Bell? They left midgets out, they could have gotten Baker involved if they had just included midgets in the aggrieved class.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
What is so sickening is that the students are running universities these days and the presidents are bowing down to their requests. As they continue to eat their own, the professors will be fed up enough that they will start leaving.
I agree with much of this, but most of them are not going to give up a job you can't get fired from.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If you want a real laugh, read through BERT's list of demands:

Equality this, equality that......oh and a Popeye's.
I lost it when I read they were demanding a Popeyes. That's insane.
What's bigger to me is that they're also asking for free printing. I mean apparently that's a big thing on campuses since they charge you pretty much everywhere for the printing. At least a Popeye's would be paying a fee to the campus for their franchise.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I can imagine some 312 pound beef eater named jerome who always interjects with some dumb idea like 3 day work weeks and free donuts for classes that start before 2pm. You just know he was the somebody who just had to raise his hands when they were discussing their group demands. "What is it now Jerome??" And of course he is the one to say "and put in there we want a popeyes too!"

Last edited:

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I can imagine some 312 pound beer eater named jerome who always interjects with some dumb idea like 3 day work weeks and free donuts for classes that start before 2pm. You just know he was the somebody who just had to raise his hands when they were discussing their group demands. "What is it now Jerome??" And of course he is the one to say "and put in there we want a popeyes too!"
Racist!! Why does it have to be Jerome? Why couldn't it be Dylan, or Jake or Skyler?:confused::popcorn:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I call BS on the whole sit in and hunger strike. They showed a whole big area of pizza, snacks and sugary beverages. No hunger strike there.
They said only 8 of the students are actually doing the hunger strike part. Obviously the rest are not that committed.