Can Boynton Recruit?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
This is...I can't even describe it right now. My whole week has been made because of this announcement.

Heck...I don't even care how the rest of the football season pans out. I'm so excited for the direction Coach Boynton is going with the basketball program.

This is great. He's actually getting talent spread out across the board, not just one five-star guy and a bunch of other scrubs. He's actually recruiting full *TEAMS* that will develop together. This is truly insane.

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
This year we surprise some folks. Next year we give them a taste of what’s coming. The following year, this program settles in to where it should be annually - competing for conference championships and deep tourney runs. In Boynton we trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
This year we surprise some folks. Next year we give them a taste of what’s coming. The following year, this program settles in to where it should be annually - competing for conference championships and deep tourney runs. In Boynton we trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. I think the five freshmen we got are going to develop into a great team.

Aug 16, 2012
Time will tell as we have only seen him coach but a single season so far, but I vividly remember a very strong contingent on this board that absolutely hated the idea of giving the job Boynton. IMO, the guy has done nothing but show promise and potential while making consistent steps (sometimes even leaps) to get the program back to where it belongs. Future looks very bright (orange).

Oct 30, 2007
Time will tell as we have only seen him coach but a single season so far, but I vividly remember a very strong contingent on this board that absolutely hated the idea of giving the job Boynton. IMO, the guy has done nothing but show promise and potential while making consistent steps (sometimes even leaps) to get the program back to where it belongs. Future looks very bright (orange).
Boynton is playing to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Reading an article on the OSU coaches and their recruiting successes was interesting. It seems all of our modern coaches since Eddie Sutton could recruit -- it's just that many of those highly rated recruits never made it to Stillwater, never panned out, left the program or had some limited success teamwise while here.

So, it seems all of our coaches could recruit, but can they keep a team together and turn that into success for this program? That's the biggest question.

Yes, I am stoked (do the kids still say that?) that Coach signed one of the best classes here in a long, long time. And, yes, I think HCMB can coach.
I'm really happy that this is happening for him.
Just like I was for every coach we've had at OSU.

The proof is in the playoffs (as no one ever says).

Sep 23, 2010
Reading an article on the OSU coaches and their recruiting successes was interesting. It seems all of our modern coaches since Eddie Sutton could recruit -- it's just that many of those highly rated recruits never made it to Stillwater, never panned out, left the program or had some limited success teamwise while here.

So, it seems all of our coaches could recruit, but can they keep a team together and turn that into success for this program? That's the biggest question.

Yes, I am stoked (do the kids still say that?) that Coach signed one of the best classes here in a long, long time. And, yes, I think HCMB can coach.
I'm really happy that this is happening for him.
Just like I was for every coach we've had at OSU.

The proof is in the playoffs (as no one ever says).

The article going over our best recruits is a bit skewed. It doesn't seem to include many of the transfers that Coach Sutton brought in that were highly recruited -- Brooks Thompson (NBA), Randy Rutherford, Glendon Alexander (McDD AA), Tony Allen (NBA), John Lucas III (NBA), Joey and Stevie Graham (NBA), Maurice Baker, Victor Williams.

And I still think Boynton will have to sprinkle in one or two "grown men" with these two back to back classes of youthful talent. This is has been a very encouraging start to his recruiting prowess. This really is his first class where he's been able to put in the time developing relationships in recruiting. Kudos to Coach.