Cade Cunningham sticking with the Pokes

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
When the sanctions were announced, I proclaimed that if the post season ban wasn't reversed on appeal, I would never watch college basketball or have anything to do with it again. I'm going to have to walk that statement back now. It would be chickenshit of me to bail on this team and Coach B when all these guys didn't bail on OSU.

New proclamation - If the post season ban is not reversed, I will never watch a CBB game unless OSU is playing in it.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
I can honestly say that given all the adversity that HCMB has faced in the first few years, and how he has humbly conducted himself through all of it, I'm sincerely rooting for him to suceed as much as I am my alma mater. Glad he's our coach.

Nov 18, 2011
NCAA does not want to leave the #1 recruit and and one of the best players in the country out of their tournament. That would look silly. This helps the appeals case for sure.

Jul 9, 2004
NCAA does not want to leave the #1 recruit and and one of the best players in the country out of their tournament. That would look silly. This helps the appeals case for sure.
While I agree with you 100%. This is why the NCAA is such a scam. Replace "#1 recruit and one of the best players in the country" with "Kansas", "Duke" or "North Carolina" and the your statement reads the same.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
I've heard this angle stated before, however history does not demonstrate that the NCAA cares one iota about the #1 recruit in relation to their tourney. Ask James Wiseman (Mem), Ben Simmons (LSU), Nerlens Noel (UK)...in the case of Simmons and Noel, their recruiting ranking status did not translate to an at-large bid.

Nov 18, 2011
I've heard this angle stated before, however history does not demonstrate that the NCAA cares one iota about the #1 recruit in relation to their tourney. Ask James Wiseman (Mem), Ben Simmons (LSU), Nerlens Noel (UK)...in the case of Simmons and Noel, their recruiting ranking status did not translate to an at-large bid.
Different cases and about individual wrong doing. In the case of Wiseman, he was only suspended some games and not restricted from the tournament. Point is, it would be crazy for them if Cade lights it up through the season and then the team is ineligible for reasons he or his teammates were not involved with. Their hope would have been for him to go elsewhere and that didn’t happen.

Aug 7, 2006
Ben Simmons' team wasn't very good and didn't deserve to go to the tournament. Nerlens tore his ACL during the season, not much the NCAA could do there.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Them taking OU led Trae Young to the tourney over us in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk