Byron Eaton

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

okstate5968

Orange Power Goddess
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 15, 2003
Stillwater
www.remembertheten.com
He plays both in HS,and at one time entertained the thought of doing both in college. But if I remember correctly, last week he stated he would only be playing basketball at OSU.

By the way wolff45...thanks for registering and joining our orange colored world. We hope to hear more from you!

Jul 1, 2004
OKC
Him playing both has been discussed on this board before, and I think most of us agree that with football season going into January for us, it wouldn't be in anyone's best interest for a position so important in basketball to join in that late.

He's missed some High School football this fall in favor of basketball stuff, so I would say b-ball is where his heart is.

Waldo

Wrangler
Jun 16, 2004
Piedmont, OK
I think if he was on a basketball scholarship, when Official basketball season practice began I think he would have to drop football and start basketball. Now if they switched to a football scholarship then he would begin basketball practice after football was over.

Jan 25, 2004
we've discussed this several times on this website, and the authority on this NCAA, states "if he plays both then his scholarship would have to be charged against the higher revenue sport (ie football) " I'm not certain Sean Sutton, recruited a partime point guard. But maybe he will eventually put on shoulder and pads.

Jul 30, 2004
He will be on a bball scholarship, which will preclude him from playing football his freshman year. However, he could play football after that and stay on his basketball scholarship. It would be up to the coaches to agree upon when he would stop participating in football and move to basketball.