Buckle Up - Oil Markets are in Upheaval

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
Saudi Oil Price Cuts

Between Saudi Arabia and Russia's power struggles for dominance in global oil supply and coronavirus driving down demand, the price of oil may go into a free fall. The trickle down impact of this could be huge to everything from job markets to state revenue shortfalls. Drastic oil and gas price drops also drives down research and demand for alternative fuels and can cause significant global geopolitical power shifts.

Keep an eye out on this as it'll be interesting to watch unfold and could have significant ramifications locally and throughout the world.

Oct 30, 2007
Crude oil futures traded at $30 at the open. They're currently down more than 20%. Stock market index futures are down more than 4% as well. They took out the lows we saw last week. Tomorrow could be ugly.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Uh, there was plenty of reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only bs to run the market up
Lol.

Prices have fallen because world-wide demand has and/or is expected to decrease significantly.

Guess what happens if oil stays below $50?

The US production will fall off, and we’ll have to start importing.

Stay in your lane, bro.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Lol.

Prices have fallen because world-wide demand has and/or is expected to decrease significantly.

Guess what happens if oil stays below $50?

The US production will fall off, and we’ll have to start importing.

Stay in your lane, bro.

Peak oil is near!!!!!!!

Apr 14, 2009
I Didn’t see this coming. The oil patch better hope that Saudi Arabia and Russia come to their senses. Market share? Or Higher prices?
The spoiled 32-year-old Saudi prince! I can see him being a hot headed fool. Putin not so much.
These two strutting around trying to see who has the biggest pecker.
Maybe the tanning bed queen can mediate. He Claims to be Buddies with both of them.

Oct 29, 2016
US
It boggles my mind how the Republican party has zero interest in green technology. Obama paved the way for green technology that would've had an impact of at least(!!) $2 trillion dollars. Of course, here comes the knuckle-dragging Donald "The Chump' Trump issuing executive order to literally eliminate every single green technology policy Obama's administration successfully implemented. Had Trump not done that, there would be at least 2-million more jobs in green industry than the entire US oil industry. Trump basically set us back to the 1900's. And guess who the world turned to, instead of the US because of Trump? You guessed it.. China. Trump literally robbed our economy of trillions of dollars and handed it to China. What God damn fool Trump and the Republican party truly are.

Whilst the rest of the world have invested heavily in transforming their carbon infrastructure into green infrastructure, Trump literally destroyed any hope the US ever had in transforming our crumbling infrastructure. And y'all are were just a-okau with that. I mean, Trump used "I'll rebuild our infrastructure," which obviously was a flat-out lie. Instead, Trump GUARANTEED our crumbling infrastructure would remain steadfast in its deterioration! Y'all love propaganda, for some reason
The Republican party is a god damn disease upon this country. Good job, all you Republicans. Give yourselves a 'round of applause, champs. Stop voting against green technology, and setting us back countless decades.

And why did Trump do that? To win the state of Pennsylvania during election time. What a fool.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It boggles my mind how the Republican party has zero interest in green technology. Obama paved the way for green technology that would've had an impact of at least(!!) $2 trillion dollars. Of course, here comes the knuckle-dragging Donald "The Chump' Trump issuing executive order to literally eliminate every single green technology policy Obama's administration successfully implemented. Had Trump not done that, there would be at least 2-million more jobs than the entire US oil industry. Trump basically set us back to the 1900's. And guess who the world turned to, instead of the US because of Trump? You guessed it.. China. Trump literally robbed our economy of trillions of dollars and handed it to China. What God damn fool Trump and the Republican party truly are.

Whilst the rest of the world has invested heavily in transforming their carbon infrastructure into green infrastructure, Trump literally destroyed any hope the US ever had in transforming our crumbling infrastructure. And y'all are were just a-okau with that.

The Republican party is a god damn disease upon this country. Good job, all you Republicans. Give yourselves a 'round of applause, champs. Stop voting against green technology, and setting us back countless decades.

And why did Trump do that? To win the state of Pennsylvania during election time. What a fool.
Why don't you get a juice box and an orange slice, maybe it will calm you

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
It boggles my mind how the Republican party has zero interest in green technology. Obama paved the way for green technology that would've had an impact of at least(!!) $2 trillion dollars. Of course, here comes the knuckle-dragging Donald "The Chump' Trump issuing executive order to literally eliminate every single green technology policy Obama's administration successfully implemented. Had Trump not done that, there would be at least 2-million more jobs in green industry than the entire US oil industry. Trump basically set us back to the 1900's. And guess who the world turned to, instead of the US because of Trump? You guessed it.. China. Trump literally robbed our economy of trillions of dollars and handed it to China. What God damn fool Trump and the Republican party truly are.

Whilst the rest of the world have invested heavily in transforming their carbon infrastructure into green infrastructure, Trump literally destroyed any hope the US ever had in transforming our crumbling infrastructure. And y'all are were just a-okau with that. I mean, Trump used "I'll rebuild our infrastructure," which obviously was a flat-out lie. Instead, Trump GUARANTEED our crumbling infrastructure would remain steadfast in its deterioration! Y'all love propaganda, for some reason

Which green technology is cheaper than:
Oil
Nat gas
Coal
Nulclear

Apr 7, 2006

Unfortunately, there are no green technologies that currently "work" without undesirable outcomes. Either the cost is too high, the energy too low, power storage is inefficient or it has other dangers/impacts that we havent been tolerated. Battery technology is going to have to transform to make many of these options viable - among other things.

Also, fundamentally the general public has yet to grasp that electricity doesn't originate from the outlet - generally it comes from a fossil fuel.

I will provide some of the research studies as time allows.

Edit:

This takes some time to read but explains some of the issues very well- https://media4.manhattan-institute.org/sites/default/files/R-0319-MM.pdf

Last edited:

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Also, fundamentally the general public has yet to grasp that electricity doesn't originate from the outlet - generally it comes from a fossil fuel.

I will provide some of the research studies as time allows.
Dude, I thought we were gonna capture lighting bolts, and then keep them in little boxes until we need it to run our homes and cars?

No?

Imagine my disappointment.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Obama paved the way for green technology that would've had an impact of at least(!!) $2 trillion dollars.
With a track record like his cronies from Solyndra, how could he have gone wrong? Trumps fault!!!
Agreed, all of that is just speculation. Places in Europe that have tried to go green without including things like nuclear are finding out that it's not as cost effective as they thought.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AshlandFlash

It seemed like a good idea at the time
A/V Subscriber
Aug 24, 2007
Dude, I thought we were gonna capture lighting bolts, and then keep them in little boxes until we need it to run our homes and cars?

No?

Imagine my disappointment.
Well Crap! What am I supposed to do with that warehouse full of cardboard boxes of lightening?

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
For you greenies out there.

Take a walk around your house. Do you see all that stuff around your house like furniture, food, clothes, appliances, windows, walls, paint, toys, jewelry, chemicals, counter-tops, carpet, tile, etc, etc? Then take a drive (or hike, or bike ride) around your neighborhood and town. Now, you see all the roads, buildings, houses, signs, sewers, fire hydrants, bridges, sidewalks, parks, cars, buses, planes, trains, etc, etc?
All of the aforementioned “things” are only comprised of three basic elements - (1) raw, naturally occurring material, (2) time, and (3) energy. Thus “energy” is a massive cost component of most EVERYTHING you see, taste, touch, smell and consume.
The economy is massively leveraged to the cost of energy. So when you wish for green energy now, you’re actually wishing to increase the cost of every single useful item in the universe. And guess who benefits, and guess who suffers?

Owners of energy providers benefit. Consumers suffer.

And guess who suffers most? The guy that can’t afford stuff now.

So now you can at least (somewhat) understand what you're asking for.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Southwest power pool(where OK gets its power) is reaching 60-70 percent renewable penetration on windy days and is currently sitting at 30% for Q3 2019 and is rising, 90-100% intermittent renewable penetration is probably only 5 years away, less if solar continues its current growth. What you are seeing is one of the many last gasps of declining oil demand, just like coal has been going through for a long time, this might not be peak oil, but its coming, the US has reached peak material use on almost all other Raw materials. Oil is one of the last ones to go, bit it is coming IMHO. As to the cost, wind is cheaper than coal solar is close (and will be cheaper than everything soon). That is why the developers are still planning construction out to 2025 even though PTCs are expected to sunset this year. This is happening, good news is the government doesnt have to do anything, its where the money is going.