Brian Davis comment

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
Mar 23, 2013
I guess I missed it also. I watched the game, but didn't catch it. I suppose I wasn't "in tune" to what others might find offensive and inappropriate during the broadcast. BD and Michael can be irritating, but it is fun to listen to Antonio Daniels. Antonio doesn't pull any punches if the Thunder are stinking it up.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
My grandpa used to say "cotton pickin" all the time. Don't know the origins of that phrase, but it was an older generation thing. But apparently you have to walk on egg shells about anything to do with cotton these days. So whatever.

Mar 11, 2006
My grandpa used to say "cotton pickin" all the time. Don't know the origins of that phrase, but it was an older generation thing. But apparently you have to walk on egg shells about anything to do with cotton these days. So whatever.
I have to admit I probably have said it from time to time. It was a saying to replace a curse word. I NEVER even remotely thought about any connotation to racism.

Same thing with Eenie Meenie Miney Mo. Growing up NEVER thought about it as racism.

We have past become a country of people looking to be offended or a victim.

teibbor

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 29, 2004
I guess I missed it also. I watched the game, but didn't catch it. I suppose I wasn't "in tune" to what others might find offensive and inappropriate during the broadcast. BD and Michael can be irritating, but it is fun to listen to Antonio Daniels. Antonio doesn't pull any punches if the Thunder are stinking it up.
He is great and worth watching the after show.
BD and Michael are just over the top homers. You can tell they are controlled by the Thunder execs.
Down 1 with 5 seconds left. Russ is tripled teamed and jacks up a thirty foot one legged fade away.
BD- Great shot by Russ there.
Michael- Same shot i took yesterday at the YMCA. Good look Thunder lose to Grizz but they had great effort.

Just gets old to me

Oct 7, 2008
I have to admit I probably have said it from time to time. It was a saying to replace a curse word. I NEVER even remotely thought about any connotation to racism.

Same thing with Eenie Meenie Miney Mo. Growing up NEVER thought about it as racism.

We have past become a country of people looking to be offended or a victim.
I had to google. Oh lawd what have we done.
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/GiveMeABreak/story?id=123728&page=1