Bravo Mr President.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Actually, the problem is that the morons can not properly define "the problem".
I mean... "we need to update our crumbling, aging infrastructure" is pretty clearly defined.

So is "too many people are being killed by frivolous prescription practices of pain relievers."

Maybe "too many people are dying because drug companies are continually raising the prices of their medicine and it is making them unaffordable."

How about "unwanted children are being born and don't have adequate access to nutrition, healthcare, or education."

The problems are there... And they aren't that hard to define... but they're really hard to solve.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
If I get votes from poverty and fear, why would I want to end that? Tell them you fight for them and are working hard. Doing our best but must elect more Dims to help those suffering from poverty and fear.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I mean... "we need to update our crumbling, aging infrastructure" is pretty clearly defined.

So is "too many people are being killed by frivolous prescription practices of pain relievers."

Maybe "too many people are dying because drug companies are continually raising the prices of their medicine and it is making them unaffordable."

How about "unwanted children are being born and don't have adequate access to nutrition, healthcare, or education."

The problems are there... And they aren't that hard to define... but they're really hard to solve.
actually, no... none of those are clear at all. "Our crumbling infrastructure", tells us nothing at all about what might be "updated". Road and freeways.... no thank you, we already pay taxes for that. Levies and damns? Electrical grid? what? NO, it is not clear at all what we're being asked to pay for, nor do we have any idea whether 2 trillion dollars is a "reasonable" amount or not.

None of your examples are clear nor defined.

What you consider to be "problems", I do not. How do you define "unwanted children"? Who says they're not wanted, you? Everybody has adequate access to nutrition, healthcare and education... everybody. That "problem" was solved long ago, and I would contend that IS NOW the problem, that most of them do not deserve that level of support.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
Yep they've been doing it for years. Honestly it's why the politician is bottom of the totem pole when it comes to people that deserve respect.

And while I really don't like or really even respect our current president, I do applaud the guy for constantly trying to do what he promised he would do... even if a lot of the things he is promising to do are really not good... at least he's making every effort possible to accomplish those things.
I have a lot more respect for anyone that actually acts according to what they said they would do whether I agree with them or not.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I have a lot more respect for anyone that actually acts according to what they said they would do whether I agree with them or not.
As an example, @steross has been consistent for over a decade of me being on here. He and I would have a difficult time agreeing on the time of day, but I have full faith that he believes what he is saying. I also believe that he would admit if he were wrong on an issue or learned he was in some way.