Bracketology

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Did I miss that we are now allowed to play in the post season? That would be great...but I've not heard that.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Did I miss that we are now allowed to play in the post season? That would be great...but I've not heard that.
3 things that can happen there....1. No word on the appeal by tourney time=we play. 2. It gets overturned=we play. 3. It gets upheld by tourney time=we don't play.

3 outcomes and 2 of them have us playing.

Aug 16, 2012
I've heard this several times, but is there an official source where this is confirmed?
I doubt OSU would make an official statement to that effect. Has the possibility of OSU appearing guilty or threatening, and even though it is a hole card everyone knows, why play it now?

Aug 16, 2012
The best news of all this, is that Bracketology and OSU are being discussed in December for possibly the first time since Smart was tearing up the GIA hardwood.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It will be nice to follow a good OSU basketball team, HCMB has been right on the cusp. Really like that young man and hope nothing but the best for him, Oklahoma State, and his teams. He's a class act.

Nov 6, 2010
I doubt OSU would make an official statement to that effect. Has the possibility of OSU appearing guilty or threatening, and even though it is a hole card everyone knows, why play it now?
I was thinking more along the lines of is there a precedent or a posted NCAA process that is readily available.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
3 things that can happen there....1. No word on the appeal by tourney time=we play. 2. It gets overturned=we play. 3. It gets upheld by tourney time=we don't play.

3 outcomes and 2 of them have us playing.
So the NCAA's incompetence and bureaucracy are working on our side at the moment.

Oct 29, 2016
US
So, I know this isn't about OSU. Gonzaga is insanely outstanding this year. They will easily win every game, regular season and post season. There is not one team who can even match their talent. I've never seen a team as great as Gonzaga. It's unreal.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
We should just drop the appeal and take the ban THIS YEAR, because we aren't making the tournament anyway. Because if the decision is delayed and they finally rule on it after this season and it is upheld then we would be banned from the tournament NEXT SEASON and if the smart thing is done and MB is let go we might actually get a good coach again and might have a chance to make the tournament next season.

Jul 11, 2007
We should just drop the appeal and take the ban THIS YEAR, because we aren't making the tournament anyway. Because if the decision is delayed and they finally rule on it after this season and it is upheld then we would be banned from the tournament NEXT SEASON and if the smart thing is done and MB is let go we might actually get a good coach again and might have a chance to make the tournament next season.
Man...team could easily be 8-0. Certainly don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion this isn’t a tournament team this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk