Bourbon

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Makers is good. Woodford is also pretty good.

If you have given up Canadian whiskey because of the taste of Crown Royal, try some Wisers. The Canadians I run with say the Crown is what they export to America for us to drink and they drink the Wisers themselves. Wisers is a very smooth Canadian Whiskey, but as has been pointed out, it isn't bourbon. It's a whiskey, but not a scotch whiskey. There is a difference.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Grown men shouldn't drink Canadian whiskey unless there is no other choice.

Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Bumping an old thread but.....

I recieved a bottle of Colonel E.H. Taylor Jr Bottled in Bond for Christmas.

Fan-freakin-tastic!!!!

Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
When this thread was started, I don't think I was a bourbon fan. Now my go to drink is Makers Mark and a few ice cubes. I prefer Makers to both Knob Creek, and Woodford Reserve. But if you're buyin', I drink any of it.
The progression will continue from Maker's to a Woodford or Knob Creek.....

Donnyboy

A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
Not bourbon but I also got a two bottle gift set of Master's Collection Woodford Reserve Aged Cask Rye.

It is delicious.

stonewallpoke

Herald of the House of Soju
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Riley, KS
Not a fan of bourbon. I'm surprised (sort of) that nobody here likes Irish Whiskey. Give me some Bushmill's or Jameson's any day.

But really, scotch is where it's at.

Sep 25, 2006
Frisco, TX
I don't wander off the zoo or A/V boards too often, but when I saw the thread title, I was sorry I was late to the party.

Maker's for everyday mixer.
Maker's 46 is a good relatively cheap sipper.

Blanton's and Booker are a little better and the price shows it.

Anything Parker's is a special bottle.

It all comes down to personal taste though... My suggestion: Try all of them and find your favorite.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Not a fan of bourbon. I'm surprised (sort of) that nobody here likes Irish Whiskey. Give me some Bushmill's or Jameson's any day.

But really, scotch is where it's at.
Is there no Irish Whiskey thread in this forum? Jameson is my drink-I've tried Bushmill's but just can't seem to develop a taste for it. I had it last during Bedlam though, so that might have something to do with it.

leprechaun7

Erin Go Bragh
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City, MO
seanpharkin.wordpress.com
Is there no Irish Whiskey thread in this forum? Jameson is my drink-I've tried Bushmill's but just can't seem to develop a taste for it. I had it last during Bedlam though, so that might have something to do with it.
Black Bush--best Irish whiskey value for the price.

Red Breast is another one of my favorites.

Love me some Tyrconnell, too.

Jun 20, 2012
I'm curious if anyone knows where a guy can get Tyrconnell here in Oklahoma. "Damn good stuff, I must say." Had it for the first time down in Dallas at the Old Monk last summer and I've been searching ever since. Can't get it at Byron's....ideas?