Bourbon

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 17, 2006
Tulsa
Boulitt Bourbon or Knob Creek are on par with Woodridge in my opinion. But Maker's is usually about 5-10 dollars cheaper and just as good in my opinion. I usually mix it up, though I don't really drink much whiskey these days anymore.

Sep 5, 2006
KMAF
current: if it doesn't come from kentucky, it isn't bourbon. that's how you tell what is what.

i'm a fan of the jim beam black label. it's become a traditional bourbon for nascar races and football games among my crew.

Nov 5, 2004
Kansas
I went through Kentucky a couple weeks ago and we went to the Buffalo Trace distillery. They make Blantons, Ancient Age (I think its the best of the cheap bourbons), Weller, Old Charter, Buffalo Trace, the Van Winkles and Eagle Rare. I brought back a bottle of the 10 year old Eagle Rare. I thought it was great.

They also make some rye whiskies like Sazerac and some of the Van Winkles are considered rye whiskies.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
This. Crown isn't for drinking straight or even mixing with coke, its one useful quality is shots.
heh heh.

I was schooled by an old E-9 Master Chief who was a reformed alkie that if a person drank primarily Canadian Whiskey, chances were 80/20, he was an alcoholic.
Why?
Because it goes down smooth right from the bottle (he was a former quart-a-day man himself).
So far, his percentages have pretty much been spot on, in my experience. Sorry to get off topic. Any single barrel is good by me when it comes to bourbon.

t1m0thy

Walker told me I have AIDS
Sep 3, 2008
Tulsa
heh heh.

I was schooled by an old E-9 Master Chief who was a reformed alkie that if a person drank primarily Canadian Whiskey, chances were 80/20, he was an alcoholic.
Why?
Because it goes down smooth right from the bottle (he was a former quart-a-day man himself).
So far, his percentages have pretty much been spot on, in my experience. Sorry to get off topic. Any single barrel is good by me when it comes to bourbon.
So what you're telling me is I should be drinking Crown? ;)