Bomar Busted!!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 10, 2004
passing gas at 25,000 ft
http://newsok.com/article/1784875/

Sat March 11, 2006

OU quarterback cited for beer possession

By John Sutter
The Oklahoman

Oklahoma sophomore quarterback Rhett Bomar was arrested and charged with minor in possession of alcohol Friday night after a police officer says Bomar was drinking at the Hornets’ game against Indiana.

The officer reported that he could smell alcohol on Bomar’s breath, Oklahoma City police spokesman Sgt. J.F. Balderrama said. Bomar was arrested and taken to the Oklahoma City police station.

He was charged with minor in possession of alcohol and was released on a cash bond. According to the police ticket counter, the bond for that charge is $167.

Bomar, 20, was cited for minor possession in Norman in September. That charge was dismissed for lack of evidence in January.

Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops was out of town and could not be reached for comment.

An undercover, plain-clothes officer at the Ford Center spotted Bomar with two friends sitting in Section 106 at the Hornets game. His two friends left their seats repeatedly to buy beer, said Balderrama.

One of the companions was seen carrying a beer in each hand, Balderrama said.

An officer noticed the Bomar was drinking from a white cup that was “never running dry,” Balderrama said.

Officers found the situation suspicious. They recognized Bomar as OU’s quarterback.

“It is common knowledge that he is not yet 21 years of age,” Balderrama said.

After the game finished, “he and his companions stayed in their section and they didn’t leave. He was seen fumbling around under his seat to the point where he spilled it (his cup),” Balderrama said.

An officer approached Bomar at about 9:30 p.m. as he was leaving his seat and asked if he had been drinking, Balderrama said.

Balderrama said that according to the police report, Bomar said: “I’ve had about five drinks of beer that someone gave me in the white cup.”

“He didn’t give the officers any trouble,” Balderrama said.

Aug 1, 2004
I've seen Bomar at Hornets games at least 4 times. How does he afford those seats? He's sitting in a $100 seat every time. My seats are 9 rows off the court and his seat is 3 rows off the court.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
UncleBlackjack said:
I've seen Bomar at Hornets games at least 4 times. How does he afford those seats? He's sitting in a $100 seat every time. My seats are 9 rows off the court and his seat is 3 rows off the court.
Actually, isn't Bomar from a fairly well off family?

Aug 5, 2004
Broken Arrow
UncleBlackjack said:
who knows...but I'm guessing he's there to hang out with the cheerleaders after wards...lol...notice the first pic that flashes up the left side...under this young ladies interests section

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=28420773

Sep 22, 2005
Bomar is from South Grand Prarie, Texas...if he is well off...I am a billionaire. No one in SGP is well off...they are usually barely making ends meet and that is it.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
agent67orange said:
Bomar is from South Grand Prarie, Texas...if he is well off...I am a billionaire. No one in SGP is well off...they are usually barely making ends meet and that is it.
Unless he's well off now that he's made the move from South Grand Prarie to Norman....just saying...

Or the tickets were a gift...

Either way, I'm sure he consulted the ethics committee before getting those tickets. ;)

Oct 11, 2005
OUguru said:
I cant believe a college kid would drink beer... just unheard of these days
LOL, yea stop giving the guy a hard time. Although drinking in public like that is a pretty bad move by him. Also, I'm sure he has many friends who he can get those Hornets tickets from. I'm sure it's no conspiracy..

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I don't really think it's that big of a deal...but at the same time...what kind of toolbag is sitting at an NBA game drinking a beer, in a place where he is well known, after he was just cited for minor in posession a few monhs ago?

Get loaded in the parking lot before the game like the rest of us did when we were underage...