Boise State likely a top 25 matchup?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Boise is the #1 non-power 5 team this year IMHO. This is an very big game...Bedlam like big as ou may be the only team playing better than Boise at the moment. We are going to have to step up not only as a team but as a fanbase on this one. Pack the stadium...drink plenty of "fluids"...yell like tomorrow doesn't exist. This is going to take disruption in a major way, the likes this QB hasn't seen in his 16 starts. Go Pokes!
Don't forget to stripe the stadium also.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
I wear orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is your section orange or are you trying to be stubborn? The Pitt game looked awesome and gundy and others are pushing for the striping.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
They’ll be in shape as their program is extremely well run in that regard. However that’s only part of it.

Can OSU throw well enough vs that D? They defended BU on par with how Big 12 teams did in 2016 and I have very little reason to think they dropped off.

Pulling for the Pokes to make a statement but Rypien was good in 2016 and should be better now. Harsin is a good OC as well.

Best of luck to the Pokes in a big game and your new QB’s first real test.
If Corndog vs USA can show up, we'll have a good chance... If Corndog vs MoSt shows up it will be very dicey. Now, if the OL finally shows up, I like our chances a lot more.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Our two "biggest sticks" were ruled targeting...one certainly was targeting, the other a great block (now targeting I guess)...So who get's this? I suppose either Rodriguez or Bundage?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
If Corndog vs USA can show up, we'll have a good chance... If Corndog vs MoSt shows up it will be very dicey. Now, if the OL finally shows up, I like our chances a lot more.
I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll see Corndog vs BSU in this one. He improved a lot from Game 1 to Game 2, even though the level of competition improved drastically. If he can check down often, throw with confidence, and avoid the (so far) every game INT in the endzone, we'll win by 10+.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Since Harsin took over at Boise State in 2014, the Broncos are 6-4 against Power Five opponents. Boise State’s only meeting with a Big 12 team during that time was against Baylor in the 2016 Cactus Bowl, where the Broncos lost 31-12. In his teleconference, Harsin said his team’s mindset doesn’t change when the Broncos play a bigger, Power Five school.

Oct 27, 2011
Since Harsin took over at Boise State in 2014, the Broncos are 6-4 against Power Five opponents. Boise State’s only meeting with a Big 12 team during that time was against Baylor in the 2016 Cactus Bowl, where the Broncos lost 31-12. In his teleconference, Harsin said his team’s mindset doesn’t change when the Broncos play a bigger, Power Five school.
That same year they beat a good Leach Wazzu squad. Intimidated that O so much Leach even called his players out.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Leach calling out his players and their fat girlfriends is like saying that Bobby Knight occasionally cussed at his players.