Boise State likely a top 25 matchup?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Boise State is a legitimate team, no doubt. They have an outstanding QB, easily a top-3 QB. Well, to sum it up, Boise State's offense will score and will score a ton of points. Our defense is nowhere near good enough to stop the NFL-talent on Boise State's offensive team. And its defense is head and shoulders above the previous two defenses we've faced thus far.

IMO, this game will come down to how well TC plays. More importantly, will OSU's o-line be tossed around like a ragdoll, even moreso than it has against two extremely bad defenses? I think it will. Our o-line was dominated by SA's d-line. We still won obviously. Still, Boise State's d-line is filled with all-american talent when compared to the only two defenses we've played. Boise State has talent to easily penetrate our weak o-line. TC will face pressure like never before. He's going to be scrambling. This is a recipe for disaster.

I think Boise State has the advantage. I'm not gonna say they'll win..I think their defense will win tho. Because our defense sure will not win it.
My issue with this is how do we know how good they are? As I said in the other thread, they haven't played a ranked team since 2014. They've lost to teams that weren't that great. The current squad we are playing has never played a ranked team. It's still gonna be one of the best teams we play this season, but is Boise really in 2010 or 2011 form when they were beating ranked power 5 teams?

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Boise State is a legitimate team, no doubt. They have an outstanding QB, easily a top-3 QB. Well, to sum it up, Boise State's offense will score and will score a ton of points. Our defense is nowhere near good enough to stop the NFL-talent on Boise State's offensive team. And its defense is head and shoulders above the previous two defenses we've faced thus far.

IMO, this game will come down to how well TC plays. More importantly, will OSU's o-line be tossed around like a ragdoll, even moreso than it has against two extremely bad defenses? I think it will. Our o-line was dominated by SA's d-line. We still won obviously. Still, Boise State's d-line is filled with all-american talent when compared to the only two defenses we've played. Boise State has talent to easily penetrate our weak o-line. TC will face pressure like never before. He's going to be scrambling. This is a recipe for disaster.

I think Boise State has the advantage. I'm not gonna say they'll win..I think their defense will win tho. Because our defense sure will not win it.

Our Defense will be faster than any D they have see in at least 2 years. Have they played a ranked team since maybe Baylor in 2016???

Our RBs are better and faster than any they have seen. Our WR are the same way. So not taking anything away from them. They are well coached and a good football team, but let's don't act like this is GA coming to town back in the day. Oh yeah, we beat them here too!

Apr 14, 2018
Owasso
Our Defense will be faster than any D they have see in at least 2 years. Have they played a ranked team since maybe Baylor in 2016???

Our RBs are better and faster than any they have seen. Our WR are the same way. So not taking anything away from them. They are well coached and a good football team, but let's don't act like this is GA coming to town back in the day. Oh yeah, we beat them here too!
Baylor wasn't even ranked when they played them in 2016. The last ranked team they played was Arizona in the 2014 Fiesta Bowl.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
And the biggest question of all might be, are they in good enough shape to chase Hill, Brown, King, Chuba, TJ, Wallace, McClesky, and Stoner around the yard for 4 quarters?

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
My issue with this is how do we know how good they are? As I said in the other thread, they haven't played a ranked team since 2014. They've lost to teams that weren't that great. The current squad we are playing has never played a ranked team. It's still gonna be one of the best teams we play this season, but is Boise really in 2010 or 2011 form when they were beating ranked power 5 teams?
I would be more scared of BSU if they had Peterson coaching. I still think they are good but the creativity of Peterson was brilliant compared to harsin. Still think it will be a good game but I don’t think any team is going to dominate the other.

Oct 27, 2011
And the biggest question of all might be, are they in good enough shape to chase Hill, Brown, King, Chuba, TJ, Wallace, McClesky, and Stoner around the yard for 4 quarters?
They’ll be in shape as their program is extremely well run in that regard. However that’s only part of it.

Can OSU throw well enough vs that D? They defended BU on par with how Big 12 teams did in 2016 and I have very little reason to think they dropped off.

Pulling for the Pokes to make a statement but Rypien was good in 2016 and should be better now. Harsin is a good OC as well.

Best of luck to the Pokes in a big game and your new QB’s first real test.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I would be more scared of BSU if they had Peterson coaching. I still think they are good but the creativity of Peterson was brilliant compared to harsin. Still think it will be a good game but I don’t think any team is going to dominate the other.
Well, we beat Peterson @ Washington...sooo. I understand it was his first year and all. Bottom line it's a major test...and will result in a "major award" if we win.

Oct 30, 2007
If you look at the schedule, this is an extremely important game. A win would mean that we would have a very realistic chance of going 9-0 to start the season. I'm not sure we wouldn't be favored to win every game until Bedlam.

If we can start 9-0, we would likely climb into the top 10 and gain a huge amount of recognition. That would be awesome in a reloading year.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Well, we beat Peterson @ Washington...sooo. I understand it was his first year and all. Bottom line it's a major test...and will result in a "major award" if we win.
Yea we beat him but we also beat harsin teams at Texas. I think the old Boise state teams were more dangerous then the current. Just my opinion. I think it will still be a big game. I could see it being tight.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
We need this one to show we are more than the cupcake eating champ at the state fair until mid Oct.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

you do realize that that Boise (practically the exact same team) lost badly to Virginia about this time last year, and got beat by Fresno in the MWC champ game.... and Rypien threw two picks to Oregon in their bowl game, only winning it by 10...

I'm not really trying to take anything away from Boise, they are a very good team, but there seems to be just a bit too much hype of their accolades for my taste.

Rypien has a tendency to rush things and fumble when he's under pressure (which he hasn't seen much of so far this year)

If they can manage to beat OSU, then I'm in, until then ------ GO POKES!!

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Not enough room on our sidelines for their "turnover Throne"

View attachment 64181

Maybe they will have a turnover stool?

Better yet, just leave the thing in Idaho. You won't need it!
Why would you even post this?? Who gives a crap what Boise State does. Why do our fans always act scared?? It's weird. It's fine to think it'll be a good game but geez. We have the most negative fan base in America. I think half our fan base needs a sports psychologist. Flat strange. (The second part of my post was not directed at you)

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Why would you even post this?? Who gives a crap what Boise State does. Why do our fans always act scared?? It's weird. It's fine to think it'll be a good game but geez. We have the most negative fan base in America. I think half our fan base needs a sports psychologist. Flat strange. (The second part of my post was not directed at you)
Because I find it amusing that they have a throne for turnovers. And I love that BPS is so tight it won't fit. Dave and John brought it up on the radio as well. Read my posts. I am almost never negative because as a former OSU athlete I would hate to read negativity on a fan site about me. Lighten up Francis. ;)

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Some of the decaffeinated tastes just as good as the real stuff.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
This. I think Boise is no doubt tip 20 team and formidable but those saying top 10 go way too far. Good game this weekend. First test.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Because I find it amusing that they have a throne for turnovers. And I love that BPS is so tight it won't fit. Dave and John brought it up on the radio as well. Read my posts. I am almost never negative because as a former OSU athlete I would hate to read negativity on a fan site about me. Lighten up Francis. ;)
For record wasn't directing negative stuff toward you. Should have made separate post about that. My bad.

Oct 30, 2007
Boise is the #1 non-power 5 team this year IMHO. This is an very big game...Bedlam like big as ou may be the only team playing better than Boise at the moment. We are going to have to step up not only as a team but as a fanbase on this one. Pack the stadium...drink plenty of "fluids"...yell like tomorrow doesn't exist. This is going to take disruption in a major way, the likes this QB hasn't seen in his 16 starts. Go Pokes!
Don't forget to stripe the stadium also.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk
I wear orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Because I find it amusing that they have a throne for turnovers. . ;)
I didn't know they were in on this trend. We saw S Bama's WWE belt, there's Miami's chain and now this throne. It's the thing to do these days.

1536631073350.png

Last edited: