Boise State likely a top 25 matchup?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 8, 2015
Ponca City
With South Carolina (24) and Florida (25) both losing this week that opens up 2 spots in the AP top 25. OSU recieved the second most votes last week so I’d imagine they would sneak in along with Utah. This puts even more on the line for next week as a top 25 matchup!

Feb 16, 2010
Banned to Recruiting
With South Carolina (24) and Florida (25) both losing this week that opens up 2 spots in the AP top 25. OSU recieved the second most votes last week so I’d imagine they would sneak in along with Utah. This puts even more on the line for next week as a top 25 matchup!
Don't forget Michigan state with the huge scare last week and lost last night

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
EPSN "predictor" has dropped us to a 54% favorite. Sound more reasonable than previously I think it was around 64%.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
Yes it's a Top 25 matchup. OSU is #19 coaches poll. #24 a.p. :p Boise is ranked top 20 .

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Boise is the #1 non-power 5 team this year IMHO. This is an very big game...Bedlam like big as ou may be the only team playing better than Boise at the moment. We are going to have to step up not only as a team but as a fanbase on this one. Pack the stadium...drink plenty of "fluids"...yell like tomorrow doesn't exist. This is going to take disruption in a major way, the likes this QB hasn't seen in his 16 starts. Go Pokes!

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Boise is the #1 non-power 5 team this year IMHO. This is an very big game...Bedlam like big as ou may be the only team playing better than Boise at the moment. We are going to have to step up not only as a team but as a fanbase on this one. Pack the stadium...drink plenty of "fluids"...yell like tomorrow doesn't exist. This is going to take disruption in a major way, the likes this QB hasn't seen in his 16 starts. Go Pokes!
Don't forget to stripe the stadium also.

Sent from my stang5litre Edition 5.0 using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Apparently we are the favorites in this game, I've seen early lines mentioned of +2.5 and +3.5. Got to say I'm a little surprised by that, I thought it would be a pick 'em at best and us as a dog at worst (I would actually prefer being the underdog). Granted I have not watched Boise play so they may have some glaring weaknesses, but I have watched us play, twice, and I know for certain we have some problems to fix.

I realize the odds makers primary goal is not to pick who they think is best but to set a line that causes bets to fall evenly on both sides.....still, they are pretty good at doing that which means they think more sports gamblers will pick OSU in an even bet. Here's to hoping they've done their homework and know what they are talking about, because I personally am worried about this game.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Apparently we are the favorites in this game, I've seen early lines mentioned of +2.5 and +3.5. Got to say I'm a little surprised by that, I thought it would be a pick 'em at best and us as a dog at worst (I would actually prefer being the underdog). Granted I have not watched Boise play so they may have some glaring weaknesses, but I have watched us play, twice, and I know for certain we have some problems to fix.

I realize the odds makers primary goal is not to pick who they think is best but to set a line that causes bets to fall evenly on both sides.....still, they are pretty good at doing that which means they think more sports gamblers will pick OSU in an even bet. Here's to hoping they've done their homework and know what they are talking about, because I personally am worried about this game.
I am VERY worried. I have not had any faith in our OL from what we have seen. Defense however seems to have shown fairly positive.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
This game does not make us or break us. We win, they win out and our win looks great. We lose, they win out and our loss looks good. Obviously, we want to win, but the world or season is not over if we lose.

Nov 8, 2013
Stillwater will be one of the toughest locales for Boise State ever. They are the darlings of bowl games and play in a conference where... let's just say the stage is quite a bit smaller. Hope our environment really is tough for them.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Not enough room on our sidelines for their "turnover Throne"

1536609566031.png

Maybe they will have a turnover stool?

Better yet, just leave the thing in Idaho. You won't need it!

Oct 29, 2016
US
Boise State is a legitimate team, no doubt. They have an outstanding QB, easily a top-3 QB. Well, to sum it up, Boise State's offense will score and will score a ton of points. Our defense is nowhere near good enough to stop the NFL-talent on Boise State's offensive team. And its defense is head and shoulders above the previous two defenses we've faced thus far.

IMO, this game will come down to how well TC plays. More importantly, will OSU's o-line be tossed around like a ragdoll, even moreso than it has against two extremely bad defenses? I think it will. Our o-line was dominated by SA's d-line. We still won obviously. Still, Boise State's d-line is filled with all-american talent when compared to the only two defenses we've played. Boise State has talent to easily penetrate our weak o-line. TC will face pressure like never before. He's going to be scrambling. This is a recipe for disaster.

I think Boise State has the advantage. I'm not gonna say they'll win..I think their defense will win tho. Because our defense sure will not win it.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
A/V Subscriber
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
How does a school that was I-AA 22 years ago turn into a football power of this magnitude with an impressive list of signature wins?