Board Mod please...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Just a heads up... I know you guys have your process for new forum members, but you might want to check the applications for the next few days. (for volume, not bad guys)

It looks like GoPokes (all of 24x7 Scout, apparently) has shut down their off-topic boards, and several people bailing on them and are headed over here to register.

F.Y.I.

Oct 30, 2007
CasperPoke11 There were a few guys from the Scout trying to register here that said they never received an email. I think that's what CaliforniaCowboy is referring to.

RA does a great job of providing insider info for subscribers, but I've always thought this board was superior to anything else out there for our fanbase. :thumbup:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
MESSAGE BOARDS - the "pub" of college football.... (ESPN)
... Dru Brown, anybody? He's from Hawaii, he does speak English, right?

Welcome to college football's never-ending online tailgate
When the thread "Tua-Language Barrier" appeared on the Alabama message board BamaOnLine last September, its poster, a user by the name of Chattown Tider, truly did believe he was onto something. He had just watched Crimson Tide quarterback Tua Tagovailoa play in his first college game against Fresno State and what he saw worried him. So he posed the question: What if Tagovailoa didn't understand English, seeing as he was from, you know, Hawaii?

He was, as he put it, only addressing the "elephant in the room."
"I thought I saw him point to receivers a couple of times," he wrote, "and defenses might catch on if he's pointing to who he's going to throw the ball to.

Welcome to the bizarre world of college football message boards. In the NBA, Twitter is the platform of choice for breaking news and trading gossip. In college football, it's the message board, where today's conversation can turn into tomorrow's scandal or internet meme.

"It's the corner pub that people go to at the end of work -- or, you know, a lot of times during work," Brandon Jones said. "And they're there to socialize and to talk about topics from politics to sports, to laugh sometimes and be crass."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...gs-tigerdroppings-keep-college-football-weird

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Gopokes is a terrible board. I used to be about 50/50 posting over there (under a different username than here) and here, but I totally quit posting over there a couple of years ago. Looks like half of the 10's of posters that they had are now going to start migrating over here? That stupid board was already dying out.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Gopokes is a terrible board. I used to be about 50/50 posting over there (under a different username than here) and here, but I totally quit posting over there a couple of years ago. Looks like half of the 10's of posters that they had are now going to start migrating over here? That stupid board was already dying out.
Beyond terrible.

Between years of overzealous mods stifling even the slightest criticisms of anything OSU, & technical "upgrades" that had the board down for weeks at a time, enough is enough.

I was on that stinkin' board for years, then just couldn't get my posts to show up. After months, & multiple emails to them, nobody, & I mean nobody, could give me an answer. So I thought, we'll I'll hang out & read here while they get this straight,eventually. So what do they do? Kill the board whose activity dwarfs their others.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Going to the site from the cached browser locations doesn't seem to work anymore, as the redirect from "http://" to "https://" doesn't seem to be happening. If you put in "https://orangepower.com" you should be logged in if you previously haven't logged out.