Bizarre story about Scott Pruitt comes to light

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
Did you say New York Times? I have come to distrust anything they write.
Please stop. Fine if you want to disagree or even ignore NYT editorials. But, when it is a fact-based piece with obviously documented material, the claim that you "distrust" the NYT so will just ignore the obvious makes you look like a backwoods hick on facebook. That is exactly what they say.

The truth is the truth no matter where it is written. What you don't understand is you cannot bias a documented fact. But, you can bias yourself by ignoring facts that you do not want to see with superfluous excuses.

When JAMA or NEJM comes out with an editorial for gun control, fine to complain against it. But, to use the fact that they wrote that editorial to say that you will not read the next well researched scientific paper published in the journal is dumb. That is exactly what you are doing here. As a fellow physician, you are embarrassing me.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Please stop. Fine if you want to disagree or even ignore NYT editorials. But, when it is a fact-based piece with obviously documented material, the claim that you "distrust" the NYT so will just ignore the obvious makes you look like a backwoods hick on facebook. That is exactly what they say.

The truth is the truth no matter where it is written. What you don't understand is you cannot bias a documented fact. But, you can bias yourself by ignoring facts that you do not want to see with superfluous excuses.

When JAMA or NEJM comes out with an editorial for gun control, fine to complain against it. But, to use the fact that they wrote that editorial to say that you will not read the next well researched scientific paper published in the journal is dumb. That is exactly what you are doing here. As a fellow physician, you are embarrassing me.
Why can't he have his opinion to distrust nyt ? I would most likely if I cared to read that bird cage liner.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
Why can't he have his opinion to distrust nyt ? I would most likely if I cared to read that bird cage liner.
He can have that opinion. It is just wrong.
People mix up opinion and fact-based journalism.
If your teen lies to you about what time he came home after a night out with friends, you don't trust your teen to stay out late at night. If he walks into your room covered in smelly water and says the drain pipe is clogged, you don't say, "You stayed out late one night, I can't trust that the drain pipe is clogged."

If an article states, "thought the FIOA, we obtained emails that state that X person contacted Y person and Z occurred" it is a load of BS to say "Can't trust those facts as they came from the NYT and their opinion section is full of lies."

People on the left do the same with Fox. If Fox reports a factual item, it is nonsense to say "That's just Faux news." It shows someone that has lost the ability to think for themselves. It shows someone that is blinded by partisanship. I don't care which side they are on.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/1004436279151546369

According to one top EPA official, the 26-year-old was “tired of being thrown under the bus by Pruitt,” and weary of seeing her name constantly appear in headlines about the agency. Officials began drafting her resignation paperwork on Monday morning, just after portions of her congressional testimony had been made public.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
If your teen lies to you about what time he came home after a night out with friends, you don't trust your teen to stay out late at night. If he walks into your room covered in smelly water and says the drain pipe is clogged, you don't say, "You stayed out late one night, I can't trust that the drain pipe is clogged."

If an article states, "thought the FIOA, we obtained emails that state that X person contacted Y person and Z occurred" it is a load of BS to say "Can't trust those facts as they came from the NYT and their opinion section is full of lies."

People on the left do the same with Fox. If Fox reports a factual item, it is nonsense to say "That's just Faux news." It shows someone that has lost the ability to think for themselves. It shows someone that is blinded by partisanship. I don't care which side they are on.
See , you cannot start off with he can have that opinion it's just wrong. I quit reading right there.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
See , you cannot start off with he can have that opinion it's just wrong. I quit reading right there.
Ok, then you are suffering from the same problem that he is then. What is the point of being too good to read something?

I feel he is wrong. I explained why. If he/you can read it and tell me where I am wrong then great. I'll read that. But, if you want to avoid reading why he is wrong to keep some weird delusion up that Pruitt is not the center of the swamp, that is your problem, not mine. The evidence is pretty overwhelming.

Pokey

Sheriff
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
This perfect example of conservative garbage will not only destroy the EPA but help bring the planet to it's knees imho. And as the planet burns, Republicans fiddle away without even flinching as long as he abolishes regulations on industries that pay for their campaigns. I don't know how some people can sleep with themselves.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
On the highway to heck
This perfect example of conservative garbage will not only destroy the EPA but help bring the planet to it's knees imho. And as the planet burns, Republicans fiddle away without even flinching as long as he abolishes regulations on industries that pay for their campaigns. I don't know how some people can sleep with themselves.
1528488815861.png

Oct 7, 2008

This is probably the scariest thing that's happening right now for me. So many people in the last two years have learned how divided the media is, to the point you can literally live in whatever reality you choose based on which outlets you want to follow. And instead of trying to balance out the media they consume to get a more balanced perspective they've just buried themselves deeper into whichever bubble they built for themselves in the first place.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
As far as voting is concerned, hopefully some of the ignorant will be smart enough to realize they are too ignorant to vote. Others may go by the saying, "Don't vote, it only encourages them." It all means being able to sleep at night with themselves.