Bizarre story about Scott Pruitt comes to light

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 23, 2013
https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/992122442587017216?s=19
A White House official with knowledge of the events added: “Absolutely nothing Scott Pruitt did would surprise me.”

I think they could have asked most knowledgeable Oklahoma voters and received the same answer.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Pruitt's staff is jumping ship

public affairs official Liz Bowman
Senior Press Official John Konkus
Superfund Chief Pasquale Perrotta
Security Team Leader

All have resigned as of last week.

One political appointee told media last week
All of us have been frozen out over time," "It's absolutely unreal working here. Everyone's miserable. Nobody talks. It's a drywall prison."

Reports that Pruitt has stopped sharing his travel sched with all but 5 people in the EPA and that last week he was out of the office setting up a legal defense fund.

In an FOIA request The New York times received over 10,000 pages of EPA emails of which there is some highly questionable stuff going on, but one really sticks out

Lobbyist Richard Smotkin who met Pruitt in Oklahoma as a lobbyist for Comcast was allowed, while still working as a lobbyist, to arrange a trip and set the agenda for Pruitt for an official Visit to Morocco in December....despite Smotkin having no prior relationship to the country or business past there.

Just months after organizing the trip and participating in the meetings with Pruitt, the lobbyist Richard Smotkin was then hired by the Government of Morocco for $40,000 a month as an official foreign agent

Members of Congress questioned if there was a legitimate govt reason for Pruitt to travel to Morocco when it happened and questioned the cost of the trip. It also came to light in this FOIA release that Pruitt while in Morocco focused on promoting liquefied natural gas exports which is part of Trade and not a mission of the EPA. Pruitt has said that he only brought up the exports because the Moroccan ambassador asked him to. Now with Smotkin getting hired by Morocco as a foreign agent Congress is wondering if the trip was just to secure a deal for Smotkin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/01/us/pruitt-epa-trips-lobbyists.html

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
If true, he's gotta go.
No, Pruitt will remain in office because he is a well proven corporate shill for the Republicans. He would allow companies to pollute more, so they can make more money and then when Congress appropriates millions to clean it up, possibly call it pork barrel spending like former Senator Coburn did. Or simply deny that pollution is a serious health problem at all. It's overblown nonsense.

Last edited:

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
No, Pruitt will remain in office because he is a well proven corporate shill for the Republicans. He would allow companies to pollute more, so they can make more money and then when Congress appropriates millions to clean it up, call it pork barrel spending like former Senator Coburn did. Or simply deny that pollution is a serious health problem at all. It's overblown nonsense.
Please start reading the news or stop saying dumb things. If you follow the news, more than what is posted on OP, you would realize that Republicans have been going after him and he is losing support in his base.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Last edited:

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Before I read such "stories" as this I always look to see who is writing them and what they wrote before this posting. After reviewing Angelia's past writings my judgement is that Angelia Fritz writings are not worth my time it takes to read them.
So you are ok with banning the media and obstructing the 1st amendment because you don't like someones writing?