Bizarre story about Scott Pruitt comes to light

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And question. How many condos and apartments in d.c. are owned by lobbyists and the renters don't even know?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
I'm guessing the number of condos that lobbyists are renting out in DC that would allow you to show up when you want and pay $50 for that night but not any other nights is exactly 1 condo. :derp: Nobody other than you is fantasizing that Pruitt did not know he was getting a sweetheart deal from a former campaign contributor to his campaigns.

Seriously, would you have EVER dreamed of writing that post if we were talking about a democrat renting from a union lobbyist? What is it that makes people throw right and wrong completely out the window as long as it is their guy doing it? Sad. Sad because on the other side there is some liberal that is completely making ridiculous excuses for the scummy actions of the politicians that he loves. So, the rest of us get to put up with poor government and corruption because citizens can't help but be fanboys.
Never said I was a fan boy either. Have no real feelings one way or the other toward Pruitt. And if he was a Democrat is say the same.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
Find me a politician who is concerned about consequences for any abuse. large or small and that will be a good place to start the discussion. Hurry, I'm not getting any younger and I suspect it's going to be a long time before one turns up.
Show me somewhere, anywhere, I supported any of that. I'll wait.

You are displaying the exact problem that I am talking about. Because I am not excusing a scumbag because I agree with his politics, I must support the other "crap." IT IS NOT SPORTS. WE AREN'T ON TEAMS. I don't support politicians of any flavor cheating the public. Never have. Never will. If that makes me a saint in my own mind, then so be it.

And, he didn't just cheap by on a room. He took a political favor from someone who he is supposed to be regulating for the good of the public. You are the exact equal of the people that said the commander in chief "just got a blow job in his private life" when he defaced the public trust and any sense of professional ethics with an intern. But, since he was on their team, they defended him. Just like you. When you look at the insane liberals you need to realize that you have made yourself nothing more than the other side of the same coin.
Then we agree on the base that wrong is wrong, I'll say this...we as tax payers got by very cheap by this "favor" vs the hundreds of millions bo and hc screwed us out of. Yes, wrong is wrong but the degrees and consequences of the wrongs are not even on the same planet. In a perfect world this wouldn't even be discussed but...this is far from a perfect world. I'll put up with discount rates for a room vs a politician pocketing hundreds of millions selling US yellow cake, or selling guns to the Mexican mafia.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Then we agree on the base that wrong is wrong, I'll say this...we as tax payers got by very cheap by this "favor" vs the hundreds of millions bo and hc screwed us out of. Yes, wrong is wrong but the degrees and consequences of the wrongs are not even on the same planet. In a perfect world this wouldn't even be discussed but...this is far from a perfect world. I'll put up with discount rates for a room vs a politician pocketing hundreds of millions selling US yellow cake, or selling guns to the Mexican mafia.
Of course, I am against corruption no matter which party it is.

We as taxpayers have no idea what this little "favor" costs us in return benefits.
Reciprocation is a key method of influence used to obtain outsized rewards. Human nature is to reciprocate and there are countless examples of people receiving a gift and paying it back to reciprocate with something worth many hundreds of times as much. When dealing with politicians, it is our money they are paying back these favors with.

If interested in this or other techniques of persuasion, I highly recommend Robert Cialdini's book on the subject:

https://www.amazon.com/Influence-Psychology-Persuasion-Robert-Cialdini/dp/006124189X

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Chris Christie tells media that Pruitt was the wrong man for the job from the beginning saying

"The president's been ill-served by this, and if Mr. Pruitt's going to go, it's because he should have never been there in the first place," said Christie. He added that the Trump transition was "brutally unprofessional" from the very beginning.
"This was a transition that didn't vet people for this type of judgment issues, which I think could have been seen very easily in a lot of these people," he added.
When asked if Pruitt needs to resign, Christie replied, "I don't know how you survive this one."

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Chris Christie tells media that Pruitt was the wrong man for the job from the beginning saying

"The president's been ill-served by this, and if Mr. Pruitt's going to go, it's because he should have never been there in the first place," said Christie. He added that the Trump transition was "brutally unprofessional" from the very beginning.
"This was a transition that didn't vet people for this type of judgment issues, which I think could have been seen very easily in a lot of these people," he added.
When asked if Pruitt needs to resign, Christie replied, "I don't know how you survive this one."
Says one corrupt politician about another.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
And people wonder why our states budget is so screwed up. This is one of the guys that was using it before he started abusing his power in DC.

It's not like he had to be there for years to learn to be corrupt, he appeared to be well versed in corruption when he arrived.

Jul 7, 2004
Anyone remember the MSM giving this much coverage to Bill Clintons 500,000 speaking fee in Russia or all the millions donated to the Clinton foundation while Hillary was SOS? Not to mention the Uranium one deal.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Anyone remember the MSM giving this much coverage to Bill Clintons 500,000 speaking fee in Russia or all the millions donated to the Clinton foundation while Hillary was SOS? Not to mention the Uranium one deal.
Does anyone know how the Clinton's acquired an estimated worth of $150,000,000 ?

Jun 24, 2011
Does anyone know how the Clinton's acquired an estimated worth of $150,000,000 ?
This thread is about your good buddy, Scott Pruitt, and his shenanigans. No comment about that?

Jul 7, 2004
This thread is about your good buddy, Scott Pruitt, and his shenanigans. No comment about that?
Getting a $50 room pales in comparison to what the Clintons made from their stents in public office don't you agree? Just a little perspective.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Getting a $50 room pales in comparison to what the Clintons made from their stents in public office don't you agree? Just a little perspective.
It isn't just the $50 room. The payback for the $50 room that could cost the taxpayers millions is the concern.

And, you can always trump any story with something worse from history. "Hey, did you hear about the mother that was found last week to be abusing her kids?"
"So? Many years ago a mother in Texas drown all her kids in a bathtub. Just abusing kids pales in comparison."

If you want to start a thread about the Clintons and their antics from years ago, go for it. If you bring up the Clintons from years ago in a thread about something that a current politician is doing right now, you are tacitly approving the current politician. Which means you put party before country. Which means that those of us that do not are going to call you out for it.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
It isn't just the $50 room. The payback for the $50 room that could cost the taxpayers millions is the concern.

And, you can always trump any story with something worse from history. "Hey, did you hear about the mother that was found last week to be abusing her kids?"
"So? Many years ago a mother in Texas drown all her kids in a bathtub. Just abusing kids pales in comparison."

If you want to start a thread about the Clintons and their antics from years ago, go for it. If you bring up the Clintons from years ago in a thread about something that a current politician is doing right now, you are tacitly approving the current politician. Which means you put party before country. Which means that those of us that do not are going to call you out for it.
heh. I'd say @jcowboy 's post was surpassed in absurdity only by your logic stream to arrive at the conclusion of "party before country" (which was declared from a very high horse).

What Pruitt did was wrong, even if it was "ethically legal". It was wrong. I don't dispute that. And thank you both for the entertainment.