Bill Teegins nostalgia

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 5, 2003
morgantown, wv
I love Dave and John, but I grew up in the 90's listening to Bill and Tom back when we were hardly ever on TV. Bill will always be the voice of the Cowboys to me.
I agree that Bill was terrific but I think Dave is equally great and will be fondly remembered by all Cowboy fans. "Pistols Firing" and "Good Night Vienna" are a part of the lexicon just like "He Got It!" and Dave is Cowboy through and through.

Jul 22, 2014
I agree that Bill was terrific but I think Dave is equally great and will be fondly remembered by all Cowboy fans. "Pistols Firing" and "Good Night Vienna" are a part of the lexicon just like "He Got It!" and Dave is Cowboy through and through.
I didn't intend any slight to Dave. Bill is just who I grew up listening to in my formative years.

LakeCowboy

1945 National Champions
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Doesn't matter what Dave does, will never come close to Bill, nor should it ever.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I love Dave and John, but I grew up in the 90's listening to Bill and Tom back when we were hardly ever on TV. Bill will always be the voice of the Cowboys to me.
It's kind of a sign of the times, but the lack of analysis by the color guy is glaring since Dirato left. We've got a similar situation here in Denver with the Broncos radio broadcast.

In both situations, they've gone with a locally-known guy who's perfectly likable, but whose analysis of anything is virtually worthless.