Bill O'Reilly on "The View"

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Someone accurately pointed out it's called "The View" not The Views. There is one perspective on that show, any dissenters are considered to be racists, morons or homophobes.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
If you watch the entire clip you will see Walters called out Whoopi and other one, and then got Bill the retract what he had said about Muslims. Due to the ending it worked out well IMO.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
And differing opinions on Those conservative shows are treated how? With respect and dignity? LMAO
Despite what the blogs will tell you I've seen O'reilly have a lot of civil discussions with people he disagreed with. He gets to yelling if they won't answer his question.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
And differing opinions on Those conservative shows are treated how? With respect and dignity? LMAO
I've never seen O'Reilly get up and walk out on anyone. And many of those he disagrees with he and they would consider each other friends.

There can be tolerance of anothers opinion even if you don't agree. However, I've seen little tolerance of other viewpoints by some of those on the view. Just because someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't make them a racist, etc.....

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
If you watch the entire clip you will see Walters called out Whoopi and other one, and then got Bill the retract what he had said about Muslims. Due to the ending it worked out well IMO.
He didn't really retract what he said. He just clarified "extemist Muslims". As he points out we all know that by now. Doesn't change the fact they were Muslims.

I have a question though. Whoopi pulled out a tired and lame response about Tim McViegh being a Christian. Now anyone with any sense knows that's different because he didn't do his act in the name of Christianity. But I've heard people say this before. My question is, do we really even know if he was a Christian? I never heard him mention it.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
He didn't really retract what he said. He just clarified "extemist Muslims". As he points out we all know that by now. Doesn't change the fact they were Muslims.

I have a question though. Whoopi pulled out a tired and lame response about Tim McViegh being a Christian. Now anyone with any sense knows that's different because he didn't do his act in the name of Christianity. But I've heard people say this before. My question is, do we really even know if he was a Christian? I never heard him mention it.
Well yes she got mad, she still thinks Bush and Cheney did it.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
i find most conservative shows mistreat and disrespect the american public.
Sort of like Obama/Pelosie/Reid does on a daily basis? Only with our tax dollars rather than words. Words will not make slaves of our grand children to the national debt like the mistreatment and disrespect this group shows all of us with their irresponsible economic policies.

Take a reality break on occasion.

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
Bill O just baited that. Even for someone who thinks he's educating them, he was pretty tactless. As a man he should have had some courtesy toward the ladies and been more respectful..

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Bill O just baited that. Even for someone who thinks he's educating them, he was pretty tactless. As a man he should have had some courtesy toward the ladies and been more respectful..
Did you actually watch any of it? :rolleyes:

panhandler62

Territorial Marshal
Mar 26, 2008
Martinsburg, WV
Some Muslims killed some of us here. Most Muslims didn't kill any of us here but until Muslims, in general, start wearing white and black hats (metaphoricaly speaking) it's not hard to grasp that there is going to be a general and persistant distrust.

That such distrust is painting with a wide brush is not disputed, that it will persist is not.

Anyone here ever sit in detention with an entire class because no one would out the clown who shot the spitball? Same deal. If the Muslim world doesn't like being distrusted by the Christian world then they are going to have to push away from the extreamists. That, of course, would invite the ire of the waccos back on them, but who do you want pissed at you; a flea-bitten moron with an AK or the most powerfull nation on Earth?

I like Whoopie's craft but her social commentary is unrealistic, ivory tower bullspittal.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Some Muslims killed some of us here. Most Muslims didn't kill any of us here but until Muslims, in general, start wearing white and black hats (metaphoricaly speaking) it's not hard to grasp that there is going to be a general and persistant distrust.

That such distrust is painting with a wide brush is not disputed, that it will persist is not.

Anyone here ever sit in detention with an entire class because no one would out the clown who shot the spitball? Same deal. If the Muslim world doesn't like being distrusted by the Christian world then they are going to have to push away from the extreamists. That, of course, would invite the ire of the waccos back on them, but who do you want pissed at you; a flea-bitten moron with an AK or the most powerfull nation on Earth?

I like Whoopie's craft but her social commentary is unrealistic, ivory tower bullspittal.
It didn't help Muslims when many of them (just citizens) were seen celebrating in the streets and others who were considered community leaders laid blame on the United States for the actions of the muslim radicals.

Sep 5, 2006
KMAF
Sort of like Obama/Pelosie/Reid does on a daily basis? Only with our tax dollars rather than words. Words will not make slaves of our grand children to the national debt like the mistreatment and disrespect this group shows all of us with their irresponsible economic policies.

Take a reality break on occasion.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008

Whoopi is as liberal as there is and uses her celebrity status (well, celebrity to a few) to make those middle of the road politically think because she starred in a few movies she is smarter than the average voter. She's not a bit different than Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, George Clooney, Ed Asner or Tim Robbins. Maybe she hasn't visited Hugo Chavez yet but probably only because she hasn't been invited. There are conservative actors no doubt, apparently fewer and most less likely to speak out in public.