Big12 Baseball and O’Brate opening

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
This is completely insane. It displays a lack of understanding about viruses and their lifecycle. The virus is going to go through the population regardless of how we slow it and eventually there will be a vaccine made from dead virus. There will likely be new strains of coronavirus every year going forward just like there are new strains of flu. It’s not like when we panic and virtually stop living, buy up the worlds supply of toilet paper and stop congregating with other people that the virus just eventually goes away.

The media hysteria and fear mongering is going to cause this thing to financially devastate our country. Our fanatical reaction to this is a far greater risk to society than the virus itself! There is a huge faction of the media and Democratic Party that want this to happen. Their only hope against Trump is a ruination of the country that they can try to make Trump responsible for. You are blind if you don’t perceive the enormous political influence on how this entire thing is being reported by the media and spun by the Dems.

Apr 7, 2006
Its not a matter of it being safe in a crowd- it's a matter of spreading out the impact to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. When you add in the possible seasonal component to it this will likely calm down by summer - at least to the point where people get back to some normalcy.

Last edited:

Fly

Greenhorn
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
It’s unfortunate situation for the seniors on the baseball team, but in my opinion the granting an additional year of eligibility for the seniors would cause a huge cluster pertaining to next years recruiting class. The NCAA would have to increase scholarship allotment. Guys like Cabbiness, McKusker, Leeper should probably sign a free agent contract if the rest of the college season is cancelled. The reality is they would have very little leverage or none in the draft due to fact they are seniors. If the baseball season resumes in April then play it out. For the under class man I agree if this season ends today then they shouldn’t lose a year of eligibility.

Aug 19, 2015
ataballfield
It’s unfortunate situation for the seniors on the baseball team, but in my opinion the granting an additional year of eligibility for the seniors would cause a huge cluster pertaining to next years recruiting class. The NCAA would have to increase scholarship allotment. Guys like Cabbiness, McKusker, Leeper should probably sign a free agent contract if the rest of the college season is cancelled. The reality is they would have very little leverage or none in the draft due to fact they are seniors. If the baseball season resumes in April then play it out. For the under class man I agree if this season ends today then they shouldn’t lose a year of eligibility.
The draft will still be coming up in June, but that's not the problem with what this knee jerk reaction by the NCAA has created. Many college seniors gambled on themselves to try and come back to improve their draft stock and that opportunity is being ripped from them. Yes, they knew it could result in less money but if they drastically changed their draft status, it might have mitigated some of that, but being a higher pick creates more opportunity for them from the club that drafts them. That's very important, it's not always about the money. I'm sure many were on a trajectory to do just that and it has come to an abrupt halt. If MLB had any morals, they would declare all current college seniors free agents and give them the ability to negotiate with multiple clubs to offset the damage that will be done to their draft status.

TrevB11

Greenhorn
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
This is completely insane. It displays a lack of understanding about viruses and their lifecycle. The virus is going to go through the population regardless of how we slow it and eventually there will be a vaccine made from dead virus. There will likely be new strains of coronavirus every year going forward just like there are new strains of flu. It’s not like when we panic and virtually stop living, buy up the worlds supply of toilet paper and stop congregating with other people that the virus just eventually goes away.

The media hysteria and fear mongering is going to cause this thing to financially devastate our country. Our fanatical reaction to this is a far greater risk to society than the virus itself! There is a huge faction of the media and Democratic Party that want this to happen. Their only hope against Trump is a ruination of the country that they can try to make Trump responsible for. You are blind if you don’t perceive the enormous political influence on how this entire thing is being reported by the media and spun by the Dems.
Well your first paragraph made sense...

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater

In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Oklahoma State is joining all of the schools in the Big 12 in suspending all regular season competitions, all on-and-off-campus recruiting activities and practices for all out-of-season sports through Sunday, March 29. The suspension of activities is effective March 13.

Sports that are in-season may continue to practice.

Everything will be re-evaluated on March 29.

Fans who have purchased single game tickets to the affected events will be refunded. A plan for season ticket holders will be enacted once a final decision is made in the coming days on the status of 2020 spring athletics events.

Thank you for your support and understanding during this unprecedented time. If you have questions, please contact the ticket office via call or text at 877-255-4678. Go Pokes!

Oklahoma State University | tickets@okstate.edu
136 Athletic Center, Stillwater, OK 74078

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Apparently they are a year to Two years from a vaccine. Could be Summer of 21 before it is safe to be in crowds.
MARKET TALK: "A Canadian company has claimed it's found the cure for coronavirus. Medicago, a biopharmaceutical co in Quebec City funded by the Pentagon, said that it has produced a COVID-19 vaccine just 20days after receiving the virus' genetic sequence

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are going to save us!

Thank God we have them to show us the way to live through the virus. Once America's most trusted actors survive and continue to finish the work on the new Elvis movie, the Chicken Little Virus will be exposed as a stronger virus than normal, but relatively safe for anyone younger than 70 or those that ARE NOT suffering from respiratory diseases.

Tom will come out in a few weeks with lovely wife, Rita, on his arm. They will talk about their recovery from Chicken Little. The world will say, "If Tom can do it, we can do it." and the world will go back to finding something else to whine about and blame for its pitiful existence.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
You, and most liberals, are the largest part of the problem along with the media you sheepishly dance to.
OK, for all of you bitching and complaining about the media (Me) blowing this out of proportion, you are the problem! We are not telling you to panic, rather we want you to be aware and cognizant that this is in fact a pandemic and its going to get worse before it gets better. The reason everything is being shut down is to allow hospitals to not be overrun by patients who will soon need ICU beds. We don't have that many ICU beds in this country. Italy is currently in a crisis where they are having to decide who they should try and save and who they should let die. That could be us in a few weeks since we are 14 days behind them right now. Closing all the sporting events, schools, etc. doesn't allow the disease to be spread in large groups and thus saving hospital beds for those that need them.
Now, if we don't have an outbreak, like Italy, I know all of you all are going to say "see, told you the media was off their rockers." I would then say to you or is it because we took all these precautions that we didn't have an outbreak and thus saved lives? No matter what I say, their are lot of people that are going to have their opinions and you can never change their minds. This is not a government propaganda by the Democrats either! Stop saying that and see what is happening.
I am concerned about some family members and friends that have terrible depleted immune systems. If they catch this virus, they have no defense and will probably die. That's what I worry about. And this is also starting to affect younger people and obese people are going to have a hard time with it. People, there is no cure and that is the scariest part. It is also 10x more deadly than the flu. But if you want to keep telling yourselves we don't have a problem, go ahead! and if you want to keep blaming me and all of my cohorts in the media go ahead. Just saying you have been WARNED! What you do with the information is your own prerogative. But stop blaming us!