Big10 Football

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Reportedly, the states of Michigan, Illinois and Maryland have told their universities they will not be allowed to play football this fall.

Politics will ruin this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1303354980263436291?s=21
That's not what the OP said, though. That show makes it sound like medical professionals affiliated with the teams/conference/universities are pushing back resulting in universities saying they won't play, not "states". It also says November is still a legitimate possibility, but there's no clarity on anything. Understandably players don't want to keep practicing for a season that may not happen or at least not happen any time soon.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Found it. Edit: it says the opposite of your post. Politicians pushing to open the season.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...fficials-reconsider-postponed-football-season
That's not the clip I heard. He clearly stated (earlier) through his sources schools in Michigan, Illinois and Maryland will not be allowed to play.

FYI - It's Republican politicians pushing for a fall season. It's the Democratic leaders in those states that are supposedly disallowing play.

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The state of Michigan is allowing high school football last I heard....seems they wouldn't do that while prohibiting their college teams from playing. Then again nothing surprises me anymore.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
That's not the clip I heard. He clearly stated (earlier) through his sources schools in Michigan, Illinois and Maryland will not be allowed to play.

FYI - It's Republican politicians pushing for a fall season. It's the Democratic leaders in those states that are supposedly disallowing play.
Larry Hogan is a Republican. Also, it fits that Michigan and Illinois governors wouldn't allow it. Not sure about the others and I still can't find a reference that those governors are blocking it.