Big XII Media Days

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
I quit listening to the urinal about three months ago. The morning show just kept getting nastier and stupider, the four hours of goon love they have in the morning after the idiocy of phil and company, followed by Traitor's continuing desire to be accepted as a goon homer finally helped me to make up my mind to enjoy music instead. If I were the Mullet, I wouldn't talk to those jackholes either.
Rarely listen when I head into OK, but on Friday I heard PJ ramble on about KSU scheduling and later, Traber screwing up his Uber ride. After about 10 of each the only thing keeping me from veering off into oncoming traffic was knowing I would hurt an innocent bystander and my death could not be used as a gun violence statistic.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Rarely listen when I head into OK, but on Friday I heard PJ ramble on about KSU scheduling and later, Traber screwing up his Uber ride. After about 10 of each the only thing keeping me from veering off into oncoming traffic was knowing I would hurt an innocent bystander and my death could not be used as a gun violence statistic.
My point exactly, I was listening to the smooth sounds of Willie and Waylon instead of the diatribe of a mental midget (no inference to his brain surgery intended)

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
usually haven't watched these, but seriously, what was up with the Iowa reporter asking Gundy about Iowa State's QB performance in the game last season?

is that common? I would figure the reporters would be asking gundy about HIS team.
It was an odd question for sure... I think that reporter has a crush on Purdy-boy.

I could tell at the end of the question, Gundy had this little smirk like he had something smartass to say about it, but thought otherwise.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I quit listening to the urinal about three months ago. The morning show just kept getting nastier and stupider, the four hours of goon love they have in the morning after the idiocy of phil and company, followed by Traitor's continuing desire to be accepted as a goon homer finally helped me to make up my mind to enjoy music instead. If I were the Mullet, I wouldn't talk to those jackholes either.
Yeah I tried to listen today thinking they would talk about Gundy and media day but it was few and far between words about golf and tennis and what not with PJ. I hadn't listened for a year or two and now I know why. Done for another year or two until I forget why again.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
It was an odd question for sure... I think that reporter has a crush on Purdy-boy.

I could tell at the end of the question, Gundy had this little smirk like he had something smartass to say about it, but thought otherwise.
I thought his smirk was because he couldn't believe he had to answer such a dumb question. He answered it well but its still asinine

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I thought his smirk was because he couldn't believe he had to answer such a dumb question. He answered it well but its still asinine
I think he should have looked around and said "Who gave Iowa State fan boy credentials??" Then said I'm kidding and answered the Question exactly the same way he did.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
As far as Les Miles seeming to be somewhat disconnected, I just believe that over the years the media has been so ready to pounce on a Les Miles quote and make him the "mad man" and after several years of not getting a legitimate job offer, Lester has become more guarded with his words.

The man can coach football, but he struggles to communicate effectively like that of a Mac Brown.

Even watching a Gundy interview one can see Gundy's thoughts going through a light--speed process of pre-editiing before he speaks when given the opportunity to think before he speaks.

Many times that's why one tends to heard "coach speak" in quick interviews with sideline reporters. It gives safe BS and gets them back to the lockers. At the presser, the coach comes a bit more prepared to handle questions.

Les just takes longer to process all of his information, but then he really doesn't trust the outcome as much as most other head coaches.
That's what makes him the "Madhatter" -- that and the silly way he wears his ball cap.

Sep 2, 2012
Hoover asked the same "culture vs win at all cost" question to every coach. What did he think the responses would be? Did he think a coach would say, "well John, we are a win at all cost program even if it means corruption and corner cutting"? I just don't understand these questions. So many of them are pointless.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Hoover asked the same "culture vs win at all cost" question to every coach. What did he think the responses would be? Did he think a coach would say, "well John, we are a win at all cost program even if it means corruption and corner cutting"? I just don't understand these questions. So many of them are pointless.

Sports journalism has become extremely lazy IMO.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Journalism generally has not attracted the best and brightest. There certainly have been notable exceptions like Bill Connors. Now with the decline of print media, it has gotten much worse.

Aug 7, 2006
A lot of the time, they're getting quotes for a story they're working on and this is an easy place to get 10 different opinions on the subject.

Oct 21, 2013
Austin Texas
So we got nothing on the QB. I watched it and re-watched it...nothin... I did think I got something from Tylan maybe but not from Gundy...One of them is going to have to win the competition this summer. Whichever one I hope they really excel from the competition and get better. Either way I think we have two very good options and maybe a 3rd in the freshmen. Should NOT be a problem for our offense as long as they aren't a turnover machine. Consistency and reliability is what we need...if one of them excels... all the better, but mainly with vets at skill positions we need consistency.
This QB news or lack there of kind of bums me out. I need to downgrade my expectations and then be pleasantly surprised when improved performance happens.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This is only the 13th or 14th edition of this nothing-burger yak-fest with Gundy at the helm and you just now want to downgrade your expectations???
Booo!! A "nothing burger yak-fest" has been our best decade and a half of football in our over 100 year history...thank you very much!!!

Last edited: