Big XII Media Days

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 2, 2012
Did anyone watch Les Miles? He seemed very strange to me. He didn't answer some of the questions he was asked and looked like he was struggling to explain things? Is just me, or did he seem unusual?

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Did anyone watch Les Miles? He seemed very strange to me. He didn't answer some of the questions he was asked and looked like he was struggling to explain things? Is just me, or did he seem unusual?
I'm not sure I know what "normal" is for Les. Gundy may have to up his "look at me" game with the new kid in town.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
He answered but it seemed like he was one step ahead of the question.

Example: "Tell me what would be the major challenges at KU?"

Everybody thought is getting talent there is the answer, thus Les Miles answer that question.
He heard this question: "Is talent the major challenge at KU?"

So his answer was: " Well we have talents......"

Love Les because he is hard to predict. Mad and eat grass.

Welcome back to the BIG12 coach.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
We have just forgotten how Les is. I do think he has some sort of mental difficulty but it's not something new (hopefully). Certainly we all hope he's healthy and happy no matter how we feel about him leaving OSU. I hope he does well at KU but not better than we do obviously. I want Gundy to torch him each time we play his teams...but that doesn't mean I don't desire KU to be better and Les to be healthy and happy in his job.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2012
We have just forgotten how Les is. I do think he has some sort of mental difficulty but it's not something new (hopefully).
There is probably a lot of truth to this. I too like Les, he is just so different from the other coaches. On another note, and I know I'm biased, but Gundy sounded great.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
There is probably a lot of truth to this. I too like Les, he is just so different from the other coaches. On another note, and I know I'm biased, but Gundy sounded great.
Gundy has really grown to excel at these media events. How good he is at it, is directly related to how much he enjoys it. You can tell some coaches see it as the worst part of their job and it shows. I still think Tom Herman is autistic.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So we got nothing on the QB. I watched it and re-watched it...nothin... I did think I got something from Tylan maybe but not from Gundy...One of them is going to have to win the competition this summer. Whichever one I hope they really excel from the competition and get better. Either way I think we have two very good options and maybe a 3rd in the freshmen. Should NOT be a problem for our offense as long as they aren't a turnover machine. Consistency and reliability is what we need...if one of them excels... all the better, but mainly with vets at skill positions we need consistency.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I will defer to those who may have been around him while at OSU. I did not see him interviewed enough while at LSU. With that said, as alluded to in a previous post I hope there is not a health issue. But it did seem like there was a cognitive disconnect in trying to get his words out.

As for HCMG, what stood out was his reference to his 3rd child. He says they were less discipline, I say they lacked consistent focus which starts with him. I said all along that coach did not seem hungry when I noticed him interacting during practices. He usually jokes, but reminds the team to stay focused.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Traber can whine, that's his stick...I'm just glad he's able.
I quit listening to the urinal about three months ago. The morning show just kept getting nastier and stupider, the four hours of goon love they have in the morning after the idiocy of phil and company, followed by Traitor's continuing desire to be accepted as a goon homer finally helped me to make up my mind to enjoy music instead. If I were the Mullet, I wouldn't talk to those jackholes either.

Last edited:

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-brtPyWEUE&list=PLhh7fyF6r5qXPV_nzkJuW_ooZqkiOa4Uj&index=3&t=0s
usually haven't watched these, but seriously, what was up with the Iowa reporter asking Gundy about Iowa State's QB performance in the game last season?

is that common? I would figure the reporters would be asking gundy about HIS team.