Big XII Expansion thread |Big 12 will NOT expansion | Presser at 5:30pm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
BYU is the best candidate no question...but they will be a geographic oddity in the league as I think the other 3 will come from out east.

My best guess:

BYU
Cincinnati
UCF
UCONN

Darkhorse: East Carolina

*If the conference stresses geography then you replace BYU with either Memphis or USF

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
How would they split the divisions. We have 5 Texas teams. OU or OSU to the North?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you see it like this.

West

OSU
OU
Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU
BYU

East

Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Central Florida or Memphis
Connecticut

triton1995

Banned
Banned
Jan 30, 2013
Get us away from OU. Would like to play for a conference championship for once that may not have anything to do with them. Us in the west and put OU in the east.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I'm thinking we add BYU, CSU, UConn and Cincy. I would prefer USF over UConn.

First crack at divisions. It certainly could be adjusted. Needs more thought.

West
BYU
CSU
TTU
Houston (my hope they are traded for Rapelor)
UT
KU
KSU

East
UConn/USF
WVU
ISU
Cincy
OU
OSU
TCU

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
Get us away from OU. Would like to play for a conference championship for once that may not have anything to do with them. Us in the west and put OU in the east.
Would like to but I doubt they put us away from OU in terms of geography. They will always tie OU with Texas and that drags OSU along.

Jun 4, 2014
Dallas, TX
As long as we play UT every year. I think that is the most important game (status wise) we play every year. Texas is our lifeblood and without that game, I think we would suffer in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
Sorry, I just don't ever see UT and OU in different divisions ever unless OU goes to the SEC and Texas goes PAC or Indy.
I absolutely can. The potential for these two "heavyweights" to meet twice a year? I think it's too big of a draw to put them in the same division. If they are in the same division, they will meet a maximum of once a year. And if that happens it gets moved to Thanksgiving. That's our weekend to play OU. It's not happening.

Jul 31, 2004
Watauga, TX
Please no BYU and Houston. We do not need another Texas school. Houston does not add TV's or geography to our recruiting. BYU would spread our conference from Utah to WV. How many conferences survive when covering that much territory. Look east, the population is greater. This increases the TV markets and possible states we can recruit.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
While I do think they will divide the divisions geographically I could see them just divide them up to make the most balanced divisions. Then they would make one crossover game a "lock" meaning those two teams would play every year.

So you would play your 6 division games, 1 "lock" game, and then would have a 3 year rotation with the remaining 6 teams. That way say OU-Texas and oSu - WVU could happen every year, for example. Just a thought.