Big Bold Prediction

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
Conservatives who keep it on Fox News all the time sure need therapy. It doesn't improve their intelligence, related to what is going on in the world.
How exactly does one improve intelligence? By making idiotic and untrue remarks about Fox News not covering "what is going on in the world"? I'm guessing not.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Jul 22, 2011
For all the progressives who read this -

Assuming Kavanaugh gets Flake/Collins/Murkowsky votes on Saturday, and assuming that every last accusation is true:

He has a horrible temperament and demeanor.
He will illegally protect Trump from indictment or subpoena.
He will make abortion illegal nationwide.
He's a drunk.
He's a molester.
He's a gang rapist.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how well did the Democrats handle the sexual assault allegations levied against him in July? Asking for a fiend.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
It's quite obvious you're ignorant of this study:
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
https://www.businessinsider.com/stu...-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5
It's quite obvious a 2012 article about a random poll by Fairleigh Dickinson University proves jack schitt. And I guess "It's quite obvious you're ignorant of this study":

republicans-more-open-minded-better-informed-democrats

Point being, come up with any stupid survey you want and I can provide a rebuttal survey.

And let's not even get into the argument that you've swiveled from talking about "intelligence" to now making the discussion about being more or "less informed", which the last time I checked were two distinctly different things.

So if you want to double down on stupid and continue down the path with meaningless polling and deductions bereft of logic or rational thought........ knock yourself out brother, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
It's quite obvious you're ignorant of this study:
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
https://www.businessinsider.com/stu...-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5
LOL - that silly study says this too...."while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news"

And everybody already knows that ain't true. So there's that.

and you forgot to mention this part For immediate release… Thursday, May 3, 2012

IT'S FROM FREAKING 2012, half a decade ago, and long before CNN and MSNBC lost all of their viewership.

Of the 1,800 surveyed, I tried but could not find out how many actually ONLY watch Fox News (I'm guessing 5)

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2011
Jul 22, 2011
Senate scorecard

Another interesting analysis. Please take with the proverbial grain of salt.
I do agree with the part about Joe Manchin. The only polling I've seen still show Manchin up by 8 points, and those polls are conveniently from the day before the Ford/Kavanaugh testimonies.

How does any self-respecting feminist democrat show up to vote for that guy? Coal is a hell of a drug I guess.

Jul 20, 2018
Oklahoma City
So the Senate looks to stay in Republican hands, but we'll see. On that subject, RCP shows Nelson ahead in Florida over Scott, but Scott is making up ground, not a lot of info since the Kavanaugh "happening" though. Anyway, it occurred to me that the Hurricane in Florida will hurt Scott's chances in that race. The Florida panhandle is much more conservative, Tyndal Air Force Base and other factors. So it's going to be an effort for many of them to vote, I hope somebody is already doing the calculus on this.