Big Ben's big mouth is actually a big opportunity for Mason Rudolph

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Guerin follow-up...

Another reader email last week, stemming from my column on Mason Rudolph’s situation in Pittsburgh: “How fortunate Mason is to have time to learn from Ben and his backup. Baker is probably going to be thrown into the fire right up front.”

I don’t know, my man. I actually see a scenario in which Rudolph could play for Pittsburgh before Baker Mayfield starts for Cleveland.

Ben Roethlisberger is a 36-year-old quarterback who has fought knee, shoulder, head, foot, hand, finger, thumb and rib injuries. And that’s since he got out of bed and stretched.

I’m on record as predicting Rudolph will supplant Landry Jones as Roethlisberger’s backup. If he doesn’t, something has gone wrong.
Link

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
The latest from the Associated Press...

Roethlisberger expressed surprise during a radio appearance earlier this month, rhetorically asking why Pittsburgh used a third-round pick on a quarterback when there were players at other positions who could make a more immediate impact.

Roethlisberger stressed that wasn’t a slight at Rudolph and he is more than happy to help Rudolph get comfortable. When Rudolph threw high and hard to fullback Roosevelt Nix, Roethlisberger offered a bit of advice.

“I pulled him aside and said, ‘You’ll learn quickly every throw doesn’t have to be the hardest throw you can make,’” Roethlisberger said. “ ‘You don’t have to put every throw on guy’s chests as hard as you can. That’s a great opportunity for a nice easy touch pass.’ Just trying to instill things like that.”
Link

And here's a few AP practice photos of Ben and Mason...

b1.jpg b2.jpg