Big 12 week 6

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Definitely rooting for the short horns today and rooting for bye as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2013
WVU showing it is more physical than Texas. texas may win bc they have a better qb, but wvu is playing a ton of freshmen. wvu will be good next year. Brown takes WVU back to its blue collar roots.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
WVU showing it is more physical than Texas. texas may win bc they have a better qb, but wvu is playing a ton of freshmen. wvu will be good next year. Brown takes WVU back to its blue collar roots.
Today and this week will definitely be the time for you to get your licks in. No one should argue with you. I won't anyway.

Sep 9, 2013
WVU's defense is good, despite 3/4 secondary being true freshmen.
4 ints by the qb made the score worse than it wouldve been. it was 21-17 in the 4th and WVU has thee ball and qb throws back to back ints deep in our own territory.

This was always going to be a rebuilding year, but i still think WVU has the best dline in the big 12, and they're all back next year-and the year after that-and the year after that.

So yeah, i was happy with what I saw. defense stuffed texas running game most of the day. They had a pick. sacks. offense is another story, and missing 2 fgs didnt help either.

QB was never going to be good this year. Dana had none on roster when he bolted. Brown did well getting AK from OU, but he's not good. We have a good freshman qb, dual threat kid recruited by TCU, miss state, Ole miss and others, coming in next year, as well as transfer from bowling green who started as a true freshman and soph(he's redshirting this year.

WVU will beat Texas tech though, bc we dont have to pass the ball, we'll just run on them. Also doege will start last 4 games of year, and he's pretty good. 2 years of film on him from Bowling green. WVU's defense will stop Texas tech-they are not any good.

VanDarius Cowan's first two snaps: Pressure. Sack.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2013
From Texas Site:

Even more of an eyesore than the defense, however, was that this was the worst game the offensive line has played through five games. Their issues were compounded by the fact that Ingram was relatively ineffective (11 rushes, 18 yards, one reception for three yards) on a day where Roschon Johnson once again made the question of whether or not he’s the most effective running back on the roster relevant once again.

West Virginia's defensive line caused Texas some problems, especially Darius Stills (one sack, three tackles) and VanDarius Cowan (one sack, one tackle for loss), so credit the Mountaineers for taking the fight to the Longhorns.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Oh man, I'm jelous, a Texas site said something nice about WVU. I wish sites said nice stuff about us so my self esteem could be lifted. I would share it with the world!