Big 12 tourney: OSU vs TCU at 6 p.m. tonight

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
I just wish Dizzy would have worked on his release point earlier in his career. Announcers talk about how quick his shot is, but it's also easier to block, and much harder to shoot off of the dribble. (Hence why he shoots so many airballs when he's rushed)

Yor Anei, though..... WOW. I love this kid. He's already special. I can't wait for next year.

ICE: Work on that shot! Copy Lindy - not Dizzy. Bring that release point up, and live in the gym this summer.

I'm proud of this team and coach, and will always support them if the effort remains. Go Pokes!
Totally agreed on Dziagwa. Rarely do we see him ever shoot *clean*, spot-up shots. He's always on the move, throwing up prayers. He makes them...but an offense shouldn't rely on that.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
https://twitter.com/thacoachmike/status/1106028098166947840

"We can't wait to get back to work and build a champion."

When does Gundy ever speak like that? If someone can truly find a tweet or Facebook post or whatever, please share it. This is why I love Coach Boynton, because he *speaks* a certain way, in order to create the specific mindset the program needs.

Just once, I want Gundy to say something similar. Get it instilled in their heads that they are there to win a championship.

Sep 23, 2010
We have these 7 guys back I believe. Add the 4 recruits. 2 more to go. I think at least 2 newcomers need to start.

Dizzy is not a Big 12 starter. He can be some instant in offense in half of our games. Ice might be able to develop into a legit starter if he can be legit threat to score. But we need playmakers. McGriff is an awesome athlete with great catch and shoot skills. Waters is a really good role player. Yor is developing very solidly. But those 3 would greatly improve with two playmakers around them. Anderson and Watson seem to have physical tools to be that, but can they impact right away. I think we're still searching for an experienced big and experienced guard unless we can score these top 100 high school recruits.

I don't see Demuth helping that much next year yet. I am not sold on Jones....he can get hot but he's just not very physical for this level.

But, like some have mentioned before, we have to avoid the major attrition...particularly with our talented kids. I am hopeful our talented group coming in has the character and good decision making that we haven't had lately. I mean, this year's team could have been better. Dillard was a top 100 talent that showed major flashes Underwood's year. Dawson was a top 100 talent. Then we couldn't retain Shine, Averette (not great but certainly would have served as our PG or back up PG this year) or Sima. Weathers was one of our only players this year that could create his own shot and get to the free throw line. Calloo had some talent. Cunningham was 8ppg. But they all made a lot of poor decisions during their time here. If this happens with the part of the next crop of recruits, Boynton will be searching for a job soon. He needs this new group to stick with the old group and build.

This group feels different, and transferring and changes are the new nature of CBB. This truly is Boynton's first class where he's had time to develop relationships, vet a kid's character and land who he's been after as opposed to filling in a roster.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
We have these 7 guys back I believe. Add the 4 recruits. 2 more to go. I think at least 2 newcomers need to start.

Dizzy is not a Big 12 starter. He can be some instant in offense in half of our games. Ice might be able to develop into a legit starter if he can be legit threat to score. But we need playmakers. McGriff is an awesome athlete with great catch and shoot skills. Waters is a really good role player. Yor is developing very solidly. But those 3 would greatly improve with two playmakers around them. Anderson and Watson seem to have physical tools to be that, but can they impact right away. I think we're still searching for an experienced big and experienced guard unless we can score these top 100 high school recruits.

I don't see Demuth helping that much next year yet. I am not sold on Jones....he can get hot but he's just not very physical for this level.

But, like some have mentioned before, we have to avoid the major attrition...particularly with our talented kids. I am hopeful our talented group coming in has the character and good decision making that we haven't had lately. I mean, this year's team could have been better. Dillard was a top 100 talent that showed major flashes Underwood's year. Dawson was a top 100 talent. Then we couldn't retain Shine, Averette (not great but certainly would have served as our PG or back up PG this year) or Sima. Weathers was one of our only players this year that could create his own shot and get to the free throw line. Calloo had some talent. Cunningham was 8ppg. But they all made a lot of poor decisions during their time here. If this happens with the part of the next crop of recruits, Boynton will be searching for a job soon. He needs this new group to stick with the old group and build.

This group feels different, and transferring and changes are the new nature of CBB. This truly is Boynton's first class where he's had time to develop relationships, vet a kid's character and land who he's been after as opposed to filling in a roster.
I'm really hoping Demuth can develop *some* skills that would benefit the team, mainly defensive ones for when Yor needs a rest. But all of his appearances this season were cringe-worthy at best. I understand that he was thrown into the lion's den, more or less, after the expulsions, but he now needs to adopt a new mindset, get a mental clean slate, and get to work.

Of the former players you mentioned, Sima is *by far* the most disappointing for me. I thought he was going to be a legit rim protector for us. Of course, Yor has helped immensely to quell that disappointment. But having Sima...AND Yor...together under the basket would've been dangerous for the rest of the entire NCAA.

Sep 23, 2010
I'm really hoping Demuth can develop *some* skills that would benefit the team, mainly defensive ones for when Yor needs a rest. But all of his appearances this season were cringe-worthy at best. I understand that he was thrown into the lion's den, more or less, after the expulsions, but he now needs to adopt a new mindset, get a mental clean slate, and get to work.

Of the former players you mentioned, Sima is *by far* the most disappointing for me. I thought he was going to be a legit rim protector for us. Of course, Yor has helped immensely to quell that disappointment. But having Sima...AND Yor...together under the basket would've been dangerous for the rest of the entire NCAA.
Sima and Yor would have given us 40minutes of rim protection and both guys being fresh all the time. And less concern for foul trouble.

I don't think it's time to give up on DeMuth. I just don't think he'll be there by next year. I think the Kalib Boone is going to give us good depth up front but we need a juco or grad transfer big to give us four dudes in the paint. The Daytona State kid looks like he might be able to fill the type of role we are looking for.

Oct 30, 2007
Good stuff from ISU vs KSU tonight. One pure constant big12 refs are suck stupid ignorant moronic idiotic dumbass horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk