Big 12 tourney: OSU vs TCU at 6 p.m. tonight

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Helluva second half by the team. The damn defense in the last possession cost them the game. How the hell do you leave their best 3 point shooter WIDE open?

Then the offensive execution on the last offensive play was brutal. Was there 1 pass? Brutal.

Tcu did everything they could to give that game away in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Helluva second half by the team. The damn defense in the last possession cost them the game. How the hell do you leave their best 3 point shooter WIDE open?

Then the offensive execution on the last offensive play was brutal. Was there 1 pass? Brutal.

Disagree. Ball was in best players hand with 11 seconds to go. He makes that same shot all the time. Just wasn’t meant to be. Dug too big a hole earlier and missed free throws.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
The game was a microcosm of the season. Really proud of the way the team battled back. Anei is already a beast, best big man in Stillwater in quite sometime.

Would have like to see a more creative play on the final timeout, but again, the take away should be that this team isn't afraid to come back.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

Disagree. Ball was in best players hand with 11 seconds to go. He makes that same shot all the time. Just wasn’t meant to be. Dug too big a hole earlier and missed free throws.
Nope was a bad, low percentage shot. It was contested and he was falling away from the basket. He needed to be going toward the basket then stop for a jump shot or drive to force the contact.

Aug 30, 2018
Nope was a bad, low percentage shot. It was contested and he was falling away from the basket. He needed to be going toward the basket then stop for a jump shot or drive to force the contact.

We can agree to disagree all you want. How many passes do you want them to make in 11 seconds? The ball was in your best players hands with game on the line. It’s easy to call it from the cheap seats after the fact. I have no problem with that possession and like I said, I have seen him make that shot several times throughout the season from the same spot.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

We can agree to disagree all you want. How many passes do you want them to make in 11 seconds? The ball was in your best players hands with game on the line. It’s easy to call it from the cheap seats after the fact. I have no problem with that possession and like I said, I have seen him make that shot several times throughout the season from the same spot.
I agree he is the player we want shooting at the end of the game, but come on, 11 seconds is plenty of time to run a set and make more than one pass to get the defense off balance.

If you rewatch it the Cowboys did not put any pressure on the TCU defense, made it way too easy to guard. A flip to Waters and dribble 3 feet inside the three point line for a shot.

Aug 30, 2018
I agree he is the player we want shooting at the end of the game, but come on, 11 seconds is plenty of time to run a set and make more than one pass to get the defense off balance.

If you rewatch it the Cowboys did not put any pressure on the TCU defense, made it way too easy to guard. A flip to Waters and dribble 3 feet inside the three point line for a shot.

Yeah that hindsight is undefeated and untied. The more elaborate you get with little time and a few passes in my opinion can lead to an even worse shot or a turnover. What if it ends up in Anei’s hands 15+ feet from the basket with three seconds left because TCU has been able to take away Waters or Likelele?? Now what? They went with Waters, cleared out, and let him create with 11 seconds to go. They were fortunate to be in that position.

Jun 25, 2011
Ar the end of the game Dizzy, McGriff, and Waters all missed big shots. In close games this year Waters was the only upper class man to hit clutch shots. Yor and Ice also came up big in some games we won that were close contests.

That is my concern for next year. Will the 4 seniors mature enough over the off season to be able to consistently make winning plays come clutch time. I have seen Waters, Anei, and Ice do it. Next year I would like to see Dizzy, McGriff, and Jones step it up during crunch time.

Aug 16, 2012
My wish for the next seven months?? Nobody leaves. The off-season exodus epidemic will hopefully stop this year and a known quantity will be in place to develop all the newcomers.

Nov 14, 2010
Good comeback tonight to finish a terrible season, but one in where not all was lost.

Anei and Likelele got a lot better and they are the future.

The next time I watch OSU basketball it will be next year which is a good thing because next year should be better

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2013
My wish for the next seven months?? Nobody leaves. The off-season exodus epidemic will hopefully stop this year and a known quantity will be in place to develop all the newcomers.
Very true. Next year has a lot riding on this year's team returning intact and continuing to improve.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
"No news is good news" really applies to the off season.

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
I just wish Dizzy would have worked on his release point earlier in his career. Announcers talk about how quick his shot is, but it's also easier to block, and much harder to shoot off of the dribble. (Hence why he shoots so many airballs when he's rushed)

Yor Anei, though..... WOW. I love this kid. He's already special. I can't wait for next year.

ICE: Work on that shot! Copy Lindy - not Dizzy. Bring that release point up, and live in the gym this summer.

I'm proud of this team and coach, and will always support them if the effort remains. Go Pokes!